Public Affairs Manager
Eaze is looking for a talented Public Affairs Manager, who can help build and execute political, communications, and partnership strategies aimed at advancing key policy needs in states across the US. The ideal candidate can think creatively, then execute accordingly – marrying strong interpersonal skills with a get-it-done mentality.
This role will report to the Director of Public Affairs and may be located in either San Francisco or Washington, D.C. This role will require significant travel.
- Work with the policy team to build relationships with and educate elected officials and their staff at the state and local levels
- Identify and build partnerships with national and regional, third party stakeholders
- Find new and dynamic ways to proactively educate policy makers regarding the importance of delivery in the legal cannabis marketplace
- Create messaging strategies to help enhance the voices of local and national advocates
- Knit together comprehensive campaigns that marry policy and community affairs efforts to ensure the right story is being told
- Manage local consultants to ensure established goals and objectives are met
- Negotiate partnership and sponsorship deals aimed at fostering relationships, educating stakeholders, and mobilizing advocates
- Develop relationships with traditional business entities to help break down the stigmas of legal cannabis
- 4-6 years of political or government affairs experience with a government entity, government affairs firm, or technology company
- Preferred experience working on a political or issue matter campaign
- Ability to think strategically, knitting together different efforts to tell a comprehensive story
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing, and negotiating skills
- Strong oral advocacy and presentation skills
- Ability to easily transition from political to corporate to cannabis industry environments
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where your decisions will have a large impact
- The ability to travel often, and on short notice
Eaze, a cannabis marketplace, is on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies. We work to achieve this by connecting adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products; programs to help consumers make informed choices, and sharing market insights with industry partners, regulators, and the public through its Eaze Insights program. Learn more at www.eaze.com.
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-20