Public Affairs Manager
At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Public Affairs Manager
Participate as a core member of a remotely based corporate affairs team, focusing on policy issues, media relations, civic engagement and communications for the western region or eastern region of the United States. This is a home based position.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Strong writing and public speaking skills with ability to:
- Understand audience focused communications
- Write white papers and public policy position proposals
- Develop executive level briefings for public policy issues
- Present to executive leaders across public, private and non-profit sector
- Develop talking points and present testimony at public hearings
- Research legislative and regulatory records for existing policy and precedent
- Interact with and represent organizational positions to media with assistance of a public affairs team
- Monitor and track legislative process across western region of the United States with the assistance of digital tools and team support
- Understanding of current local, state and national public policy issues including
- General impact of major legislative efforts and agenda items
- Extended Producer Responsibility
- Packaging sustainability
- Manufacturing regulation
- Product bans, taxes, or other limitations
- Ability to represent organizational perspectives and manage relationships with trade associations and other partners
- Knowledge of key stakeholders, thought leaders, opinion drivers, and major players related to manufacturing, sustainability, and/or food packaging
- 7 or more years of public policy work in the public or private sector, with some public sector experience preferred
- Experience working in an executive staff environment in the public or private sector
- Understanding of and experience with government ethics and disclosure regulations
- Experience participating in policy issue coalitions
- Experience managing one or more contractor relationships
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willing to travel extensively within the United States
- Ability to work across an organization’s functions, facilities, and levels to seek approvals, drive consensus, and achieve results
Please no recruiting agencies
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-09-13