Public Affairs Manager
Hanwha Q CELLS
Hanwha Q CELLS America Inc. (“HQCA”) is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and handles sales for the North American region. It is a subsidiary of Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea (Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ). Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa, and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnerships to its customers in the utility, commercial, government, and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm, and a Top 8 business enterprise in South Korea. HQCA recently acquired Geli, a leading developer of Energy Management System software for energy storage, solar, and other renewable resources.
This position (seeking Manager to Director level) will be a key member of the U.S. strategy, government relations, and marketing teams and help to lead policy efforts, media affairs, and external relations for Q CELLS in North America. The employee will campaign on policy issues, be a public thought leader on the evolution of our industry, and proactively protect and enhance the Q CELLS brand. This position reports to the Director of Market Intelligence and Public Affairs or other senior management personnel that the President of the company may designate. This employee may be based at Q CELLS’ U.S. headquarters in Irvine, CA, or based remotely. Working hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Create sophisticated public relations and communications campaigns in support of technology and policy issues, e.g. drafting op-eds, building coalitions, working with press, policymakers, and other key industry members
- Work on strategic company projects supporting policy, technology development, and mergers & acquisitions
- Coordinate across teams, particularly marketing, legal, and public affairs, to develop and implement strategy on key company issues
- Proactively manage relationships with press and help to shape industry narratives
- Serve as company spokesperson in North America on all public matters
- Draft talking points, strategy guides, and pitch decks for key strategic engagements
- Communicate internally to set expectations, gain buy-in, and develop action plans
- Work with and manage external experts when necessary including public relations firms, law firms, and strategic consulting firms
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by management
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in marketing, policy, communications, business, journalism, or related field
- Communications, public relations, or journalism experience within the renewable energy industry, and high-level knowledge of key industry technology and political issues
- Experience in government relations is a plus
- Strong research and writing capabilities across multiple information types
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Office Suite
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, and a team player
Hanwha Q CELLS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job posted: 2021-09-20