Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Manager
Do you want to make a difference by shaping environmental policy?
We are building an advocacy team in the U.S. and are looking for a Public Affairs Manager to join us and develop our advocacy program in the New York and New Jersey region.
Your part in the Neste journey
It is a great time to join us! Our aspiration is to be the global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are currently the world’s leading producer of renewable diesel, growing and diversifying into renewable jet fuel and renewable polymers and chemicals.
In your role, you will
- Develop and lead Neste’s advocacy program in the New York and New Jersey region in alignment with the Public Affairs (P.A.) team and internal stakeholders.
- Be an indispensable member of the P.A. Americas team.
- Represent Neste before state policy makers and staff, external stakeholders, and the public. Identify, build, or lead effective coalitions, working groups and partnerships on behalf of Neste.
- Recruit and manage contract lobbyists and other consultants. Demonstrate ROI.
- Collaborate on issue advocacy campaigns with internal P.A. and Sustainability and Corporate Affairs (SCA) teams and external partners.
- Track, communicate, and document legislative, budgetary, administrative and regulatory proposals and requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with your regulatory colleagues in P.A., business units, and internal stakeholders with state, regional, and local agencies.
- Develop outreach and advocacy tools with the P.A. and SCA teams. Tools may include fact sheets, policy memos or white papers, infographics, talking points, presentations, and social media posts.
You will work closely with Neste’s Public Affairs team for the Americas to support business units through intelligence gathering and advocacy. You will participate in identifying goals, setting strategy and providing insights for Neste decision-making at strategic and tactical levels.
Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
Keys to success in this role
The ideal candidate will possess the combination of experience, skills and knowledge
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience working in a state Legislature within the region, Executive Branch (including state agencies), or in local government in a legislative capacity.
- Background and understanding of state legislative, budgetary, and regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated effective leadership working with internal and/or external stakeholders, coalitions, or partnerships.
- Knowledge of state climate and environmental policies as they relate to energy, oil, petrochemicals, biofuels or similarly complex regulated industries.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency using legislative tracking software, spreadsheets, and databases for reporting and efficiently managing feedback from internal stakeholders.
- A commitment to building a healthier planet for our children.
- A Bachelor’s degree; Graduate degree preferred.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate ” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification “Form I-9” upon hire. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
The position is full-time, based in New York, New Jersey, or approved location within the region, and with the ability to work remotely as required for the role. This position reports to the Head of Public Affairs, Americas based in Houston, Texas. The position is expected to work irregular hours when legislatures are in session, as well as spend up to 10% of their time on travel, including international, as COVID-19 guidelines permit.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable.
For more information, please visit neste.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-28