Public Affairs Manager, Global Data Centers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years work experience in public affairs, strategic/political communications and/or policy issues within government, campaigns, consulting firms, nonprofits, or in the private sector.
- Experience working across large organizations with multiple stakeholders to develop and execute strategies with exceptional results.
- Experience analyzing data to develop strategic insights and plans.
- Ability to solve nebulous multi-stakeholder challenges.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional personal, political, analytical and spoken/written communication skills.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
As a Public Affairs Manager, you will be a strategic leader in developing and executing Google’s reputation efforts among policymakers and key opinion formers at each data center site. You’ll bring to life Google’s positive economic contributions, responsible innovation, and creation of helpful products. You will work closely with several internal teams.
- Develop strategies and lead cross-functional efforts that bring to life how Google contributes to the economy.
- Lead efforts to inform and advance key policy issues, enable securing entitlements, and spot issues in local communities. Work cross-functionally to provide public affairs guidance, assess risk, identify opportunities, and communicate to key constituencies.
- Manage Google’s presence and community programming with policymakers, advocates, and key opinion-formers. Create toolkits, collateral, and other products that help scale Google’s core reputation narratives.
- Promote positions and manage local messaging regarding energy, sustainability, and data center operations.At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-05