Public Affairs Manager, Global Data Centers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in public affairs, political communications, and/or policy issues within government, campaigns, consulting firms, nonprofits, or in the private sector.
- Experience working across large organizations with multiple stakeholders to develop and execute strategies.
- Experience analyzing data to develop strategic insights and plans.
- Ability to solve multi-stakeholder challenges.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional political, analytical, and verbal/written communication skills.
About the job
You turn schools, companies, and government agencies into Google product lovers. You drive post-deployment customer success by promoting best practices, accelerating feature adoption, cultivating relationships, and helping customers share and discover new ways to create magic moments using our technology.
As a Public Affairs Manager, you will be a strategic leader in developing and executing Google’s reputation efforts among policymakers and key opinion formers at each data center site. You’ll bring to life Google’s positive economic contributions, responsible innovation, and creation of helpful products. You will work closely with several internal teams.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop strategies and lead cross-functional efforts that bring to life how Google contributes to the economy.
- Lead efforts to inform and advance key policy issues, enable securing entitlements, and spot issues in local communities.
- Manage Google’s presence and community programming with policymakers, advocates, and key opinion-formers, and create toolkits, collateral, and other products that help scale Google’s core reputation narratives.
- Promote positions and manage local messaging regarding energy, sustainability, and data center operations.
- Work cross-functionally to provide public affairs guidance, assess risk, identify opportunities, and communicate to key constituencies.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-26