Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Manager (Northeast District)
Colonial has provided a wide range of opportunities for job candidates who are highly qualified, skilled, motivated and team players. Employees find exciting opportunities to grow and develop their careers at a stable company which offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes annual incentive bonuses, retirement plans, insurance coverage and a host of other features that support a happy, active, productive and rewarding life. Come to Colonial, a great place to work, where people matter most, and where safety 24/7 is paramount.
Ready to work for Colonial Pipeline Company?
Are you intrigued by the thought of being part of revolutionizing the energy industry and a new era in the pipeline industry? Do you want to be a part of a company that is obsessed with excellence in everything we do? A company growing and expanding our business that is full of opportunity? If so, we are seeking smart, safety focused, and energetic professionals to join our team to help us to the next level of excellence!
What is it that we do at Colonial Pipeline Company?
Colonial Pipeline is the largest refined products pipeline in the United States, transporting more than 100 million gallons or 2.5 million barrels per day. Colonial transports various grades of gasoline, diesel fuel, home heating oil, jet fuel, and fuels for the U.S. military through a pipeline system. Colonial transports approximately 45 percent of all fuel consumed on the East Coast, providing refined products to more than 50 million Americans.
About the Public Affairs Manager Position
This position may be based remotely within the Northeast District. States include Maryland, Virginia, and New Jersey.
As a Public Affairs Manager, you will be responsible for developing and sustaining relationships within the communities where Colonial operates and where our employees live. This position serves as an advocate and representative for Colonial with local stakeholders, including landowners, public officials, first responders, schools, media, and community organizations.
The Public Affairs Manager also supports Colonial’s charitable contributions program by identifying opportunities and organizations for Colonial to support, serving as the primary point of contact for organizations within their region, leading community engagement events, and preparing and providing reports for the Management Team and/or Colonial’s Board of Directors on charitable giving and community engagement. The position also works with Colonial’s teams in the field to communicate with stakeholders regarding pipeline-related projects.
What You Get to Do:
- Strengthen relationships within the communities where Colonial operates by regularly engaging with stakeholders (including landowners, first responders, schools, environmental organizations, and other community groups) to discuss matters related to Colonial and to identify opportunities for Colonial to support the community through outreach and engagement.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding maintenance-related activities and other pipeline activities that may impact the stakeholders and assist with obtaining permissions and access from stakeholders, as needed, to support Colonial’s operations.
- Engage with local officials (often in partnership with Government Affairs, Right-of-Way, and other internal business partners) on a variety of matters to support Colonial’s overall business objectives and strategic goals.
- Organize and lead events with Colonial’s community partners, including Colonial’s Environmental Partners and Educational Partners organizations
- Represent Colonial at community events.
- On certain matters, serve as Colonial’s spokesperson with respect to media engagement.
- Provide support with outreach and liaison activities through Colonial’s Public Awareness Program.
- Serves as a member of Colonial’s Emergency Response Team.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study, or ideally in public or government affairs from an accredited college or university; will consider a combination of experience and/or education.
- Ideally, 10+ years of community outreach, stakeholder engagement and local government affairs experience.
- Ability to travel up to 80%.
- Knowledge of the pipeline industry and pipeline-related regulatory processes, property-related ordinances and regulations in applicable geographic territories, deep knowledge of local and regional history in applicable geographic territories and the influence that history has on local communities.
- Driven and self-motivated with a strong desire for learning.
- Manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple projects while working independently while functioning well in a team environment.
- Commitment to consistently adhere to policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s core values of Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety, and Excellence in completing work assignments.
- Self-motivated, have a phenomenal work ethic and looking for the right company to support your growth.
Got Extra to Bring?
- Juris Doctor or Master’s in public affairs from an accredited college or university.
- Legal and/or Communications experience.
- Land Management and/or Right-of-Way experience.
Advantages of Working at Colonial Pipeline Company:
Prosperity, Health, Wellness, and Happiness – Check out Colonial’s Total Rewards
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Colonial Pipeline is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Statement to all Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Colonial Pipeline accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Colonial Pipeline employees, hiring managers, or send to any Colonial Pipeline facility. Colonial Pipeline is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-08