Public Affairs Manager, Senior
Lead the Booz Allen team supporting a public affairs office, including soup-to-nuts strategy development and execution, measuring the effectiveness of comms strategies, and providing creative thinking solutions for improvement. Work with the team to develop and maintain content for external communications platforms, including public-facing websites, such as Twitter and YouTube, collateral materials such as PowerPoint presentations, research summaries, slick sheets, and researcher professional biographies. Provide editorial and creative support to products created by the public affairs office for public release. Develop and contribute to internal website content, SOPs and templates, articles for inter-IC communication as directed by government leaders, and workforce messaging.
- 7+ years of experience with communications, writing, and editing
- Experience with social media, website content development, writing, research, and communications
- Experience in interacting, collaborating, and communicating with all organizational levels, from colleagues to the director
- Ability to translate complex technical and scientific information into engaging articles for less-technically savvy audiences
- Ability to edit and convey consistent messaging across a variety of platforms
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with the Intelligence Community a plus
- Experience with consulting a plus
- Knowledge of industry-standard style guides and industry communications best practices a plus
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including editing skills
- MA or MS degree preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29