Public Affairs Media Communications Specialist, #5031
LinQuest is seeking a Public Affairs Media Communications Specialist to work with our team supporting USSPACECOM at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, CO.
The U.S. Space Command (USSPACECOM) will become the 11th Unified Combatant Command and will perform missions and functions associated with every Combatant Command (CCMD), including several missions unique to the joint space warfighter. USSPACECOM will serve as the as the single point of contact for military space operational matters to the U.S. Government agencies, U.S. commercial entities, and international agencies for matters related to military space operations. LinQuest Corporation is hiring highly skilled and motivated candidates to join a high-performance team to support the stand-up and buildout of the US Space Command (USSPACECOM).
LinQuest believes our employees are our most valuable asset. The work environment is collaborative and dynamic between team members, government civilians and joint warfighters. If you desire to be part of an historic event to stand-up USSPACECOM, this position is for you!
- Provide high-quality PA communication products (news releases, fact sheets, messaging, point papers, written media responses, etc.) to communicate USSPACECOM’s mission and publicly-releasable actions and activities to the public and internal audiences; coordinate work and products with USSPACECOM staff, subject matter experts, higher headquarters and subordinate units as necessary to ensure comprehensive, accurate and in-context products. All work with be aligned with existing US Government and DoD policy, guidance and instructions
- Provide high-quality PA plans products (communication plans, guidance, annexes, messaging, mission analysis, strategy, etc.) to align USSPACECOM with the communication efforts, policy and guidance of DoD, other COCOMS, and US Government organizations; provide direct analysis, planning, and subject matter expertise for the development of standardized processes and procedures that allow for the planning and integration of USSPACECOM PA and Communication Integration capabilities into deliberate and contingency plans, recognizing that the task requires the synchronization and participation of key command communication stakeholders; coordinate work and products with USSPACECOM staff, subject matter experts, higher headquarters and subordinate units as necessary to ensure comprehensive, accurate and in-context products. Products are intended to guide communication actions of USSPACECOM and its subordinate organizations
- Provide PA advice and counsel about Public Affairs matters and critical support for events and activities that enhance the Command’s communication strategy and outreach; this advice and counsel will be provided to USSPACECOM leaders and staff as required and directed; identify key themes, objectives, and capability gaps that could be addressed with PA capabilities to achieve USSPACECOM’s communication strategy
- Provide PA advice, determine requirements for PA products, and to coordinate developed or existing PA products. The contractor will assist USSPACECOM PA in monitoring, analyzing, assessing effectiveness of, and recommending adjustments to approved messaging and strategies and integrating capabilities into current operations; assist USSPACECOM PA in tracking and integrating PA planning and policy considerations into component, joint, and combined exercises
- Provide general staff officer support to USSPACECOM J020 (Public Affairs) as required; actions to be accomplished include, but are not limited to, any and all coordination and tasks necessary to establish Full Operational Capability of the USSPACECOM J020 (Public Affairs) office; provide additional capacity to Public Affairs staff to execute USSPACECOM’s communication capabilities and bolster the command’s image to further understanding of its purpose and missions throughout domestic and foreign audiences and across all platforms, including online presences; coordinate and deconflict planning and activities conducted within the scope of all requirements with the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff, USSTRATCOM, relevant combatant commands, and component commands, as appropriate; support production, delivery and dissemination of various products, artifacts of media in various forms and formats, as directed
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with working in the DoD as military, civilian, or contractor in a joint or combined HQ, major command, or higher headquarters
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with DoD public affairs, including providing public affairs advice to senior leaders on operational issues, conducting media operations, or communication planning or implementation
- Experience with using a spectrum of social media tools and tactics
- Experience with consulting, including knowledge management, communications, and process improvement initiatives in a DoD or US government environment
- Defense Information School (DINFOS) Public Affairs Qualification
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time required
- An active DoD Secret Clearance is required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with internal operations of US space missions, military service space operations and policy
- Experience with analysis or assessments focused on information or media operations
- Knowledge of past and current geopolitical issues in the client’s area of responsibility
- Knowledge of a foreign language preferred
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities, deliver under pressure, and pay strict attention to detail
- Ability to be a highly flexible self-starter capable of operating in a high-tempo environment under less than ideal time-management conditions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills at the strategic and operational levels
- Excellent research, organizational, interpersonal, relationship building, analysis, and data gathering skills
- MA degree in International Affairs, Communications, Public Affairs, or related field preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-04