Public Affairs Officer
Position will be situated in our Washington DC office.
Liberty Mutual is seeking a Public Affairs Officer to assist with all aspects of the company’s federal government relations programs, including issue management, lobbying, grassroots, web management, fundraising and political compliance programs. Generally, 5 years of relevant political experience preferred, including experience working in congressional office, lobbying or public relations firm, political campaigns or a trade organization. The Public Affairs Officer will have serve as a primary liaison to legislative caucuses, developing and maintaining relationships with caucus administration and legislative offices.
- Engages in direct advocacy, coalition building, and related functions to effectively communicate Liberty Mutual’s position on a variety of complex and diverse issues before federal legislative bodies, executive offices, and regulatory agencies.
- Tracks legislative and regulatory proposals, informs clients, conducts research and analysis, and develops positions and strategies, as appropriate.
- Develops and executes political action strategies in conjunction with management.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships and open channels of communication with public officials and their staff members.
- Serves as a primary liaison to legislative caucuses, developing and maintaining relationships with caucus administration and legislative offices.
- Develops and executes grassroots advocacy strategies in coordination with management.
- Works closely with insurance trade associations, including NAMIC, external consultants, the insurance industry and others to present Liberty Mutual’s positions on issues and to develop effective advocacy and communication strategies that seek to advance the company’s legislative and regulatory agenda.
- Takes on additional responsibility for regulatory and legislative assignments as directed.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22