Public Affairs Principal
Kivvit, a nationally-recognized public affairs firm, is seeking a seasoned Principal to join our Washington D.C. office, where you’ll manage a diverse array of client accounts. With expertise in public affairs, reputational, digital engagement, and crisis mitigation campaigns, Kivvit’s award-winning team of 70+ professionals across our five offices is comprised of leaders from government, politics, journalism, advocacy and business.
As a Principal, you’ll serve as the account manager and lead strategist for clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies and global brands to the country’s top universities, non-profits and foundations. You will oversee all aspects of client accounts – including research, creative direction, strategy development, timelines and budgets. Principals often serve as our campaign managers and should be able to deploy a diverse set of tactics, including paid media, public opinion research, media relations, digital strategy, grassroots organizing and more. Having prior experience on a campaign or at either a public affairs or PR agency is a must.
The Principal position is an opportunity for a strategic, creative and hard-working individual to join a culture that values innovative ideas, professional growth and creative solutions to tough challenges. If that sounds like you, get in touch. Apply at kivvit.com/careers
As a Principal at Kivvit you will:
- Serve as the account lead for a portfolio of clients across a range of sectors and issues, directing day-to-day client interaction and strategy implementation
- Deliver regular work plans, account budgets and client updates to firm leadership
- Work closely with our digital team to develop cutting-edge online marketing and advocacy campaigns
- Manage and cultivate junior staff to deliver high quality work product
- Oversee the development of campaign strategies that integrate public relations, digital, social media, grassroots organizing, events and other innovative tactics
- Aid in new business generation, proposals and pitches
The Principal must be able to:
- Quickly understand and analyze complex client challenges
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of social, political, and economic issues that matter to clients
- Clearly communicate strategies and tactics using compelling written and visual materials
- Manage timelines, budgets, vendors and personnel in a highly organized and efficient fashion
- Build trust with client contacts at all levels
- Strategically engage journalists, government officials and staff, corporate executives, advocates and other public affairs stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-profile environment
Ideal applicants for the Principal position will possess:
- Track record of managing teams, time-sensitive workplans and budgets
- Excellent writing, research and presentation skills
- 5+ years of experience in public relations, corporate communications, agency, newsroom and/or political campaign
- Subject matter expertise in at least one issue area or industry of focus for Kivvit, including media & communications, real estate and land use, labor, technology, education, energy & environment, health & life sciences, transportation & infrastructure, financial services, and law
- Fluency in standard practice digital communications strategies and tactics including paid media, organic social media, email/mobile campaigns, etc.
- Understanding of reporting and analytics tools, and an eagerness to use in-house research tools to glean valuable campaign insights to ensure we are constantly optimizing.
Kivvit is a nationally-recognized public affairs and strategic communications firm with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C., New Jersey, Miami and Chicago. The firm’s entrepreneurial culture is led by professionals with decades of experience in government, politics, journalism, non-profits, industry and advocacy campaigns.
We’ve won awards, and built a national reputation in providing services from Public Affairs & Strategy to Media & Public Relations, Brand Positioning and Digital Advocacy. Kivvit has seen significant growth recently, even earning a top 20 position on O’Dwyer’s National PR Rankings in 2017 and 2018.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-17