Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Program Manager
Public Affairs Program Manager
ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
At Meet Minneapolis, our mission is to positively impact the economic and social prosperity of our Minneapolis community by attracting visitors, meetings and events that directly support jobs and local businesses, generating critical revenues.
We believe in our shared passion to support the diverse community of Minneapolis through our work and when you’re working alongside people who are passionate about their job and the mission of the organization — well, that makes working at Meet Minneapolis a whole lot of fun!
Ours is a culture of inclusion and high collaboration. We recognize it’s the unique contributions of all of us at Meet Minneapolis that drives our success, and we’re committed to building a culture where everyone can thrive and find meaning in their work.
Meet Minneapolis HIGHLY encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds, particularly BIPOC candidates, to apply.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Public Affairs, this position provides project management and program support for the Public Affairs department including community and government relations. This position provides direct and indirect support of the attainment of the Meet Minneapolis performance goals and KPIs.
Public affairs work combines government relations, issue management, information dissemination and strategic communications advice. Position includes engaging stakeholders (board, elected officials, community leaders, partners) to communicate the work of the organization, identify and elevate public policy issues, and assist Meet Minneapolis Board of Directors and committee chairs to develop better policy and work plans.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBLITIES:
Community/Government Relations Strategy
- Support development and direction of Meet Minneapolis Public Affairs strategies and initiatives
- Connect elected officials and board members through Meet Minneapolis events
- Assist and support the organization through customer relationship management of elected officials and client contacts
- Liaison for the organization and government, business, and community organizations
- Develop internal stakeholders’ network to collect information to develop organization positions
- Work with Meet Minneapolis communications team on messaging and strategy
- Utilize research to support goals and policy development
- Provide Public Affairs viewpoints and prepare Meet Minneapolis and committee response talking points for positions or policies
- Staff the Meet Minneapolis Public Affairs Committee and other Board Task Forces as identified
- Responsible for sending committee meeting communications including agendas, minutes/notes
- Identify community champions for the organization and hospitality industry.
- Provide ideas and content for the Meet Minneapolis Minute communications
- Work with Partnership staff to engage council members and plan events in wards throughout the city
- Assist with information and content for the development of a new performance contract with the City of Minneapolis and the measurement of overall performance management
- Assist with the development of contract for the Tourism Improvement District and identify key performance indicators and measurements; create annual report
- Provide project support to Senior Vice President of Public Affairs
- Prepare correspondence, forms and reports as requested
- Assist with in-office meetings when needed including scheduling, set-up, and material preparation
- Handle contractors, staff, consultants, and project teams
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- BA degree or commensurate experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred: public affairs, government relations, community relations and/or stakeholder management
- Experience working with cross-departmental teams
- Knowledge of Minneapolis area, destination assets, and local/state political environment
- Public and private stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal and oral written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to coordinate diverse projects and activities under tight deadlines and multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Database management experience
- Capable of exercising independent judgment, discretion, and initiative.
- Adherence to organizational values of Service, Collaboration, Inclusion, Passion, and Integrity
- Valid Driver’s license
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull or bend items
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
- Hybrid environment (60% in-office, 40% remote)
- Some Travel
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Meet Minneapolis offers a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, 401(k), vacation, sick time, parental leave and personal volunteer time for employees who are benefits eligible.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than as “at will” relationship.
Meet Minneapolis is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-02-02