Public Affairs Representative (64578)
|Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
This position will assist in the development and advancement of the company’s public relations and communication agendas with a focus on promoting Grifols plasma operations.
- Support the development, analysis and implementation of Grifols public relations and communication strategic plans for Grifols plasma operations.
- Create, edit and distribute internal and external communications such as monthly newsletter, plasma center employee communications, PowerPoint presentations, Q and A documents, press releases, bulletins, brochures, and intranet content.
- Support community education and outreach activities of Grifols plasma donor centers.
- Research and analyze industry matters that impact Grifols Plasma Operations in support of Grifols strategic initiatives.
- Track and coordinate various ongoing projects.
- Support Grifols Plasma Operations social media reputation management.
- Support the general activity of the Public Affairs Plasma team.
- Contribute to the overall mission of the Grifols Public Affairs Department.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Public Relations, Communications, English, Business Management or other related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of principles, theory and methods of communication, public relations, and community outreach.
- Strong project management, planning and research skills.
- Knowledge of social media and new media technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication / interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly MS PowerPoint and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign.
- Aptitude to work on several assignments diverse in scope that vary in level of difficulty with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to perform duties with objectivity, confidentiality, fairness and accuracy, with a strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Team player.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with occasional travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.
*This job description is accurate at the date of publication and may change over time. It is not intended as an exhaustive description of the job. Other duties may be assigned and qualifications required may change. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-07-18