Public Affairs Senior Associate / Director
The Company:PLUS Communications is a full-service communications firm based in Arlington, Virginia. PLUS Communications leads award-winning campaigns integrating public affairs, corporate communications, digital, advertising and media buying. PLUS means more!
PLUS Communications is looking for a Senior Associate / Director (level based on experience) to play a key role developing and executing communications plans – including message and content development. The role functions across a variety of public affairs accounts and policy areas to develop written materials such as press releases, fact sheets, op-eds, executive speeches, memos and annual reports. This role will also provide communications and project management support for key client accounts. Ideal candidates will have experience distilling complex policy issues and/or regulatory affairs at the federal or state level.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently working remotely.
Your day in this position may include:
- Crafting narratives by distilling complex policy and regulatory information into tangible messaging for a variety of audiences
- Drafting media materials, such as press releases, talking points, media statements, opinion pieces
- Developing presentations, collateral materials, strategic plans and other reports
- Tracking and monitoring campaign deliverables and serving as a project manager for key accounts
- Coordinating media outreach and cultivating relationships with key reporters
- Serving as a liaison between PLUS’ internal team, the client, other agency partners and external vendors (where applicable)
This job may be for you, if you:
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a knack with words and enjoy writing on a variety of topics with quick turnaround.
- Are comfortable engaging with clients and vendors on day-to-day deliverables.
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Are natural problem solver who always looks for a way to improve end results for clients and the team.
- Are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter the time commitment.
What we require:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in public affairs or communications.
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Proven experience in writing and editing materials tailored to a variety of voices.
- Strong understanding of AP Style.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
We offer competitive compensation with opportunity for a year-end bonus, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer a paid maternity leave program and paid vacation and sick leave. In addition, we have a generous flex time schedule around holidays that allows work from home opportunities.
PLUS Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-17