Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Senior Manager
Develop your career on the AAA Team! We are looking to hire a Senior Manager of Public Affairs.
Under the direction of the VP of Corporate Affairs + ESG, the Senior Manager of Public Affairs manages the public affairs functions of AAA Washington including public policy, member advocacy and government affairs . The position manages and executes a comprehensive, proactive public affairs strategy that advances AAA Washington’s mission and goals, elevates the brand with key stakeholders and extends AAA WA awareness with existing and new audiences.
- Work closely with VP of Corporate Affairs + ESG to develop an annual public affairs strategy for AAA WA in support of the club’s mission, vision and business goals.
- Position AAA Washington’s thought leadership position in WA among stakeholder groups, legislators, media , members and in the community.
- Lead AAA’s public affairs and advocacy work, monitor legislation , prepare and deliver testimony and meet with legislators.
- Manage and administer all public affairs programs and work with partners across the club to deliver measurable results.
- Partner with AAA WA external lobbyist to ensure progress on identified goals.
- Lead communication s efforts for all public affairs initiatives including internal com ms , press releases, social posts, member updates , etc.
- Develop the AAA WA member advocacy program to engage members on key issues. Includes annual advocacy update for members and stakeholders.
- Serve s as a company spokesperson on public affairs issues with local media as well as elected officials.
- Develop quarterly public affairs updates for AAA WA leadership and the Board of Trustees .
- Collaborate with business-line leaders on various public affairs issues relevant to their business. Develop Executive Summaries to brief leaders on key issues to consider.
- Ensure alignment with AAA Inc. policies and serve as point of contact for National.
- Develop strategic partnerships that further public affairs issues.
- Keep abreast of trends , tools, tactics to measure traction with public awareness campaigns .
- Create and manage public affairs budget.
- Embeds diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into all aspects of work.
- Supports the VP of Corporate Affairs + ESG on other projects as needed.
- An experienced communicator rooted in public policy, community organization, media and communications, and advocacy strategy development and implementation .
- Curious, forward-thinking puzzle solver that thrives on collaboration, clarity of purpose, authenticity and positivity.
- Excellent organizational and program/project management skills.
- Ability to be flexible with changing needs, quickly and successful onboard onto developing topics and handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Skill in cultivating strong relationships with members inside and outside the organization while modeling a high standard of quality and commitment to serving the public.
- Ability to analyze complex program information, evaluate alternative solutions and recommend or adopt effective courses of action.
- A strong understanding of both traditional media and emerging trends in data, analytics, and social media influence
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Experience and Education
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications , public policy, public administration, journalism, law, political science or related field required.
- 10 + years progressive experience in public affairs, government affairs or related work required .
- Spokesperson experience required.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license required .
- Relevant experience with traffic safety and /or zero emission vehicles preferred.
- Experience with member-based organizations a plus.
About the Team
The Corporate Affairs and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) team upholds and extends AAA Washington’s reputation as a purpose-driven and trusted brand through a mix of communications and ESG efforts that align with our mission and progress us toward our vision.
- Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) in the first year
- 4 Hours of Volunteer Time Off every year
- Eleven Paid Holidays every year in addition to PTO, including MLK and Juneteenth
- PPO Medical insurance plans, including Traditional or HDHP options with HSA and Employer Contributions
- Flexible Pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Free Premier RV AAA Washington Membership
- Free parking
- Between $ 101,381 – 166,266 annually.
- Eligible for Annual companywide discretionary incentive.
- AAA Washington is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and inclusive staff.
- We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States; however, we do not sponsor visas.
- We do not provide relocation assistance. The expectation for this position is that the employee lives within our Washington/Idaho service area.
- AAA Washington is a drug-free workplace.
Apply now: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=AAA&cws=39&rid=1706
Job posted: 2023-01-24