Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Senior Manager – Pacific Northwest
Who You’ll Work For
REEF’s mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You’ll Do
The Public Affairs Manager will support the regional Head of Public Affairs in leading REEF’s public policy, government relations, and community affairs efforts across the Northwest region. The primary objective of the role is to work with local policymakers, community leaders, and regulators to establish an ideal regulatory environment for REEF. This person will work in a fast-paced cross-functional organization with key internal and external stakeholders.
Strong candidates will have extensive experience leading local government relations and policy advocacy efforts for startups, innovative high-growth companies, advocacy groups, and/or city government.
• Promote and advance a new regulatory environment for REEF’s business in the Northwest region.
• Work cross-functionally with other teams to identify areas where clear and actionable policy proposals will support our ambitious expansion plans.
• Support government relations strategies and develop sound policy rationale to advance issues of priority to the company and respond to emerging issues
• Monitor and assess emerging city and provincial legislative and regulatory activities to evaluate potential impacts on REEF’s business
• Work with policymakers and regulators to pass local bylaws and legislation to ensure REEF is well position to grow and thrive in the market
• Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders in government, regulatory organizations, and industry associations
• Deepen REEF’s brand and product awareness in markets through local earned media and community partnerships
• Establish REEF as an influential civic stakeholder and protect business interests through government, community, and local influencer relations
• Create launch playbooks for new markets
• Support external consultants to drive key policy initiatives
• Work with the Communications team to amplify corporate and consumer campaigns locally
• Align with REEF regional leadership teams to advance Public Affairs goals
• Develop plans that identify key speaking engagement opportunities for executives in the region, and manage those events
• Support the regional Head of Public Affairs – WEST in developing and executing the overall public affairs strategy for the Pacific Northwest region.
What We Want From You
• 5 – 7 years of local public affairs (Policy/GR/Communications) experience, including direct experience shaping policy and/or regulation from within government, a regulatory organization, and/or in public policy/government relations role preferably at high-growth companies, startups, campaigns, and local government
• Extensive relationships with key media, business, startup, and civic leaders in the Northwest region, ideally located in Seattle or Portland.
• Has policy chops. Demonstrated policy analysis abilities and experience translating business priorities into policy positions in highly regulated spaces (tech, finance, healthcare, telecommunications, ride sharing, etc). A Master’s Degree in Public Policy or related field is a plus.
• The ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a strategy and directly implement
• Excellent organization, communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Experience working collaboratively and cross functionally across multiple levels, functions and regions within a large organization
• Are strong self-starters who are eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
What We’ll Provide
Life and Disability
Paid Time Off (PTO)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, tablet, and copier/printer, telephone.
- Work is performed in a professional office environment.
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-03