Public Affairs Specialist
Public Affairs Specialist
Design, develop, produce, and consult on a variety of internal and external communications materials and media. Apply specific functional knowledge and working/general industry knowledge. Develop or contribute to solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity, as needed. Work independently with some guidance and review or guide activities of junior employees, as needed.
- 6 years of experience with the responsibilities of a DoD Public Affairs Specialist
- Knowledge of and application of a wide range of communications concepts, principles, policies, practices, methods, techniques, and trends
- Ability to independently write, edit, and prepare information for release to the media, specialized groups, the general public, Government officials, and other Government organizations
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience in working with senior-level military staff, especially at the 4-Star Command level
- Experience working with social media/communications platforms
- Possession of excellent organizational skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Note: Microsoft Internet Explorer is not fully compatible with Workday and users may experience systems issues with this browser. We recommend that you use one of the following browsers to avoid problems: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari, Opera Browser or Blackberry Browser. If you continue to experience issues, it is sometimes necessary to reset your browser by clearing your cache.
At Booz Allen, we harness our collective ingenuity to solve our clients’ toughest management and technology problems. We work with governments, Fortune 500 corporations, and not-for-profits around the globe, in industries ranging from defense to health, energy to international development. We believe there is no product, code, or strategy that can create progress—only people can. That’s why for more than 100 years we’ve empowered our team: over 24,000 dreamers, drivers, and doers who work together to change the world.
As an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer, Booz Allen Hamilton is committed to providing a workplace that is free from discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law. These protections also extend to applicants. Follow the links below to find out more;
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-29