Public Affairs Specialist
Public Affairs Specialist
Tuvli, an Akima Company, is dedicated to providing our customers with superior, integrated technology and program support services and solutions. Our systems engineering, information technology, information assurance, program support and project management staff work closely with customers to ensure that our solutions are directly aligned with their business processes and desired program outcomes. We emphasize affordability, and delivering the best value for technology investments. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
- Maintain CSO’s current digital media presence for the Bureau to include the public website, Twitter, and Facebook accounts, as well as any future social media accounts.
- Develop CSO profile on additional digital media platform as requests.
- Generate original social media content, refines content from Bureau colleagues, and reposts from senior Department officials and media outlets to include video and written formats.
- Coordinate the biweekly Social Media Working Group.
- Analyze digital and social media trends and identify ways to leverage and expand CSO’s virtual outreach.
- Attend Department-wide Social Media Coordinators meetings.
- Draft, compile, and edit information for reports on the Bureau’s digital and social media.
- Develop social media campaigns to promote the priorities of the Bureau.
- Analyze social media data analytics, including follower patterns and trends.
- Serve as one of the two primary points of contact for the Bureau’s engagements via digital platforms.
- Create short, catchy, videos for social media.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the areas of communication, social media, public diplomacy, or other related field..
- Experience establishing and maintaining department-wide mission-critical enterprise systems and operations centers.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- At least two years of work history where managing social media for the organization occupied at least fifty percent of the professional roles and responsibilities. Ability to use third party social media management tools for reporting and analyzing engagement levels.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign or similar editing software.
- Demonstrated ability to create short, catchy, videos for social media.
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud Suite 2016 or similar software.
- Knowledge of and ability to articulate CSO’s mission and translate it across multiple digital platforms.
- Experience working in teams and/or working groups and leading group tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-13