Public Affairs Specialist
MSB Analytics Inc., a Third-Party Certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), nationally recognized company with services in several states. Over the past 14 years, MSB Analytics, Inc. has built a solid management structure accommodating change, arising from rapid growth and invested in a comprehensive, competitive benefits program for its workforce. MSBA has been nominated for many awards, including Huntsville Chamber of Commerce “Best Places to work” 2014 -2016, Top Contender. We made the National Inc. 5000 list, ranking #531 and #609 and #1,827 for 2016, 2017, and 2018 respectively. We obtained a 97% Customer Satisfaction rating from nationally recognized Dun and Bradstreet, 2015 and are rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
MSB Analytics is seeking for an experienced Public Affairs Specialist to support our DoD customer in Silver Spring, MD. The ideal candidate is able to work independently writing stories, taking photographs, creating graphics, and revamping profile stories and news releases. Also, the candidate must have exceptional communication skills, as well as computer aptitude, detail oriented, and able to efficiently multi-task job responsibilities.
- Writes stories, takes photographs, creates graphics, and revamps profile stories and news releases.
- Conducts quality interviews with a variety of people including military, research & scientific individuals.
- Applies creative knowledge of photography, graphics and videography to projects from initiation to completion.
- Writes/Edits using AP Style to generate content between Public Affairs Office and other departments on a regular basis.
- Manages digital media and coordinates projects between agencies and supports internal and external content and communication strategies by creating digital banners, updating posters, building calendar events and creating and posting information on social media (FB, IG and Linked-In)
- Develops a social media campaign and analyze results.
- Utilizes equipment (camera, laptop) including troubleshooting.
- Formats Microsoft Word and other document platforms.
- Strategizes, collaborates and develops communication plans with PAO, using media campaigns to target Medical Research Scientist, schools and trades.
- Edits newsletter with attention to detail related to content, layout, photography, graphic design, and final preparations for distributions to meet established deadlines.
- Travels locally to cover customer’s off-site facilities and events supporting the customers programs and research.
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study such as public relations/public affairs/communication, journalism, English, marketing media, and art
- Must have 3-5 years with journalism background or news reporting experience.
- Must have 5 years’ experience with graphic design and AP writing style.
- Must be a US Citizen and have a Public Trust or Clearance.
- Must be able to present examples of stories written & photographs.
- Well organized using documented planned activities and schedules.
- Exceptional written and oracle communication skills.
- Must be proficient at computer-based methods for data-retrieval, manipulation and presentation of data.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and internet research.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker, able to initiate written stories and follow through to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and operate in a medical research environment.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefit Package: MSB Analytics, Inc. has a comprehensive, competitive benefits offering that includes the following key features and benefits that promote employee retention:
- Medical, Dental, STD, LTD, Vision, Life, ADD, 401K match.
For much more visit our web-site,www.msbainc.com.
All positions at MSB Analytics, Inc. are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background investigation result. MSB Analytics, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulties applying for a position and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please contact MSBA.
MSB Analytics, Inc. abides by the equal employment opportunity clause 41 CFR 60-300. 5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities. This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
MSB Analytics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-02