Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Affairs Specialist
Excellent Opportunity as a Public Affairs Specialist! The Public Affairs Specialist will support PEO IEW&S in a hybrid work schedule at the Aberdeen Proving Ground and provide support services for public relations functions to develop processes, provides analysis, advice, and implementation assistance to Army communications abilities and to support the mission, objectives, and goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Duties include, but not limited to:Associated tasks include:
- Assisting in planning, developing, and implementing the organization’s public relations programs, policies, events, and activities to include correspondence, messaging, and campaigns that span the different levels of Project and Product Management
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with Army and other Services to ensure effective communications and change-readiness capabilities are in place
- Provide peer review of physical and virtual promotional materials and monitoring, reviewing, approving, and submitting items for public release
- Collaborating and drafting articles with mission partners through newspapers, periodicals, and audio and visual communications media, including the Internet and outward facing websites
- Assist with Development of relevant content to reach target audiences;reviewing published content; monitoring, listening and responding to users developing and expand community outreach efforts
- Monitoring community activities and coordinating participation in events and public forums
- Notify staff and subordinate organizations of journal articles, media days, videos, media trips, community events and outreach opportunities
- Perform assignments in specialized areas of public relations activities such as press, radio, and TV relations, trade-show relations and community relations monitoring
Knowledge and Skills
- US Citizenship and must currently possess a Secret DoD Security Clearance
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Publisher, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experienced in writing news and feature articles
- Experienced in working with media
The minimum years of related experience required: 7-8 years of related experience
- Bachelors Degree
The desired skills, knowledge, and education include:
- Understands regulatory development and public input processes,
- Provides analysis, advice, and/or implementation assistance, provides oversight and input on specific topics of interest to clients based on previous studies, research, program support, and professional experience.
- May also provide final review or serve as a peer reviewer of technical documents.
- Plans and coordinates public affairs communication, events and activities to support the mission, objectives, and goals of the client’s organization helping to maintain the relationship between an organization and the public;
- Provides analysis, advice, and/or implementation assistance on the subject of anti-corruption, public administration, privatization, regulatory reform, public procurement, access to information, government ethics regimes, etc.
- Having attended Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred
- Physical requirements for the job include the ability to work in office and public environments/forums.
The position is contingent upon candidate’s ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-31