Public Affairs Specialist III
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Represents The Auto Club Group (ACG) and advocates its public affairs positions in assigned region(s). Assists management in the development, implementation, and administration of high profile public affairs programs and projects designed to promote ACG’s interests and image. Develops and maintains liaison activities with key regional constituents (e.g., law enforcement agencies, governmental agencies, schools, community service and safety organizations) and field management.
Coordinates public affairs and product-related promotional programs in assigned region(s).
Creates and maintains records and files and prepares reports for use in program tracking, review and planning. May assist in the creation and design of new programs and the development of program materials. Assists with budget preparation and monitors expenses.
Participates in the dissemination of information regarding community outreach and safety issues.
Promotes media coverage of projects and activities and acts as corporate spokesperson on traffic safety, legislative or other related matters. May act as regional liaison for field media activities.
May serve as staff coordinator for AAA regional traffic safety committees and/or assist in specialized studies
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate None):
II. Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify)
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- College level coursework in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Maintenance of a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to attain NHTSA certification as a child passenger safety technician.
- Planning, developing, and delivering educational programs
- Developing, implementing, and coordinating community affairs programs and employee volunteer programs
- Organizing and planning special events
- Public speaking
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective public affairs strategies and tactics
- Relevant public and community affairs programs and issues
- Local and statewide community organizations and leadership roles
- Legislative and safety issues
- Effectively serve as a credible Auto Club Group (ACG) representative to target audiences
- Managing multiple projects involving several groups within a geographic region effectively
- Analysis, problem-solving and report preparation for program (e.g., safety) development
- Prepare and conduct structured presentations to all levels of management and external groups
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment, with the public, and with the media
- Motivate and provide direction to employee volunteers
- Monitor budgets for various projects
- Work under pressure to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Represent the company at community functions
- effectively use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Publisher
III. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Knowledge of:
- traffic safety, roadway engineering concepts, and enforcement techniques
- relevant traffic laws and traffic safety education
- effective print and broadcast media techniques.
IV. Work Environment
Works in a temperature controlled office environment. May attend outdoor activities throughout the year. Evening and weekend work expected in support of events. Frequent (up to 75% of work time) travel required in order to conduct meetings, community programs, and to evaluate safety concerns, with exposure to temperature extremes and road hazards.
The above statements describe the principle and essential functions, but not all functions, that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfil these requirements.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-18