Public Affairs & Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
We design, build, manage and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. Our people are at the center, discovering, co-creating, and strengthening. We push ourselves and each other to seek better, to go further, and we carry this energy to our customers. In October 2020, IBM announced it’s intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies – IBM and Kyndryl. The spin-off is expected to be completed by the end of 2021. To find out more about Kyndryl, including information relating to privacy, please visit Kyndryl.com.
Please be aware Kyndryl will continue to use some IBM systems for a certain period after spin-off. This means when you sign up to either the IBM or Kyndryl candidate portal, you will have the benefit of being able to see and apply for IBM and Kyndryl jobs and to access information about IBM and Kyndryl jobs you have applied to, for a limited period from either candidate portal. If you have already signed up as a candidate on IBM’s portal, please continue to use this account to access IBM and Kyndryl jobs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- This role is a staff position with responsibility for executing a stakeholder communication and engagement strategy for Kyndryl with focus on government audiences and other 3rd parties.
- This person will partner with the government affairs function to provide strategic and tactical program development around Kyndryl policy objectives with a focus on leveraging thought leadership, direct communication to stakeholders, media and other tools to support policy and business objectives.
- This person will leverage global thought leadership program partnering with global corporate affairs and business colleagues to support Kyndryl’s ability to engage with governments and other key stakeholders.
- This person will utilize and build capability to directly communicate to key stakeholders. Additionally, will work with existing media contacts in Washington.
- This person will partner with the government affairs, policy, legal and the business on policy positions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in public affairs and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated experience handling corporate policy communications
- Demonstrated experience creating effective thought leadership
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in public affairs and stakeholder engagement
- Experience and familiarity within Federal programs and/or agencies
- Familiarity with Government Affairs programs
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: ·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. ·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. ·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. ·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-05