Public Affairs Strategist
About the job
Cornerstone seeks a full-time, team-oriented individual to join our Public Affairs team. As a Public Affairs Strategist, this candidate will serve as the point person on client strategy and creative initiatives. The ability to manage multiple projects at once, work within a tight deadline, and demonstrate strong writing capabilities is a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with existing Cornerstone client relationships;
- Responding to clients’ needs for increased advocacy, earned media, and corporate strategy in digital platforms;
- Generating and creating content in many forms on the client’s behalf, including but not limited to press releases, blog posts, collateral, social media content, memos, reports, proposals, action summaries, etc.;
- Developing and executing strategic media and public affairs plans for clients across a wide variety of industries with the ability to use metrics to gauge success;
- Directing and executing strategies to enhance media visibility and pitching stories using existing and new media relationships;
- Copy writing on a wide variety of issues;
- Sourcing and managing external creative and research needs for clients; and
- Assisting with business development initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a multitasker that flourishes in an entrepreneurial environment and be both a thinker and a doer. Applicants must be bought into Cornerstone’s team-approach and work collaboratively and effectively with internal team members.
Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- The ideal candidate for this position has at least five to eight years of public affairs experience in a corporate or agency setting, strong writing capabilities, the ability to interface with clients and adjust their approach based on each client’s unique needs.
- Strong writing capabilities are essential. An ideal candidate should be able to offer an example of a communications effort they developed and executed while offering metrics that demonstrate success for the effort.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, references and a relevant writing sample by email to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-04-26