Public Communications Specialist
|Bowhead is seeking a Public Communications Specialist to support the Army Futures Command Communication Team in Austin, TX. The Public Communications Specialist will serve as a writer and editor for Army Futures Command and its subordinate activities.
Responsibilities to include:
|Requirements||• BA/BS from an accredited college or university. Major in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English, Creative Writing preferred.
• Writing Samples or Portfolio may be requested
• Experience in the communications field supporting DOD organizations
• Knowledge of communication principles, methods, practices and techniques to develop public affairs projects aimed at enhancing the understanding of groups or individuals opposed or indifferent to significant aspects of the agency.
• Ability to prepare and/or edit written correspondence, ensuring proper use of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Must demonstrate the ability to balance day-to-day demands for missions requiring immediate attention with the need to achieve long-term organizational goals.
• Ability to prepare and deliver briefings and status reports to senior leadership.
• Possess demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to work effectively in a team environment.SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level, however an ACTIVE Secret clearance is highly sought. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Job posted: 2020-08-20