Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public and Government Affairs Associate
Capital Results, a Richmond-based mid-sized public affairs firm, is looking to hire a motivated public affairs/communications professional in the early stage of their career. The position will work on multiple accounts, help develop and implement public affairs campaigns and programs, assist with media relations, engage in coalition building, create issue advocacy materials, and contribute to social media channels including developing content for clients. Join the team and be part of a casual, fun environment with a great office culture. And we work hard, too.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assisting senior staff with the development and implementation of communications and public affair plans
- Use of qualitative and quantitative research to develop effective messaging
- Write press releases, media pitches, issue-specific briefs, legislative backgrounders, fact sheets and other collateral
- Utilize and leverage social media
- Compile and maintain media lists and monitor and report on media coverage
- Engage in coalition building and grassroots efforts to further the goals of our clients
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in political science, public relations/communications or a related field
- An interest in politics, government or public relations/public affairs
- Strong writing skills with high proficiency in editing and composition
- Ability to multi-task with an attention to details
- Ability to develop and produce presentations
- Proficiency with online mediums including social media
Position is open as soon as you can start. Submit your resume and a few brief writing samples of your own work via email to Jobs@capresults.net .
Learn more about Capital Results and the work we do, visit www.capresults.net.
Job posted: 2022-07-18