AVIVV LLC is searching for PUBLIC LIAISON
The AVIVV Public Liaison is to interface with all facets of the community that may experience an impact from the Project. The incumbent in this role will take the lead in producing materials and conducting communications to all facets of the public.
Working under the direction of AVIVV Client, the incumbent will work with Portfolio and Project Management, and Public Affairs teams, as the Public Liaison shall perform the following responsibilities:
- Assemble the notification database. This includes tables for property owners, business owners, residents, first responders, transportation systems, schools, government officials, and elected officials. This database must be completed two months before the start date of construction.
- Create the communication database. These are tables of press contacts. The architecture for this database must be completed 45 days before the start date of construction.
- Create the public inquiry database. These are tables of inquiries from the public and resolutions to their questions and problems. The architecture for this database must be completed seven weeks before the start date of construction
- Create the construction schedule database. These are tables of construction parameters, start dates, end dates, primary and succeeding notifications. The architecture for this database must be completed two months before the start date of construction.
- Create construction notification queries. These queries create tables necessary to send out letters of notification. This is a series of tables that grows as construction progresses. This can also require separate notification queries for construction update notifications when there is a delay to the start of construction. The architecture for these queries must be completed two months before the start of construction.
- Create the CPUC documentation database. This is a series of tables containing information required by the California Public Utilities Commission or other government agency regarding the notification of property owners, business owners, residents, first responders, transportation systems, schools, government officials, and elected officials along the construction route. The architecture for this database must be completed two months before the start of construction. Updates and modifications to the table are continuous through the duration of construction.
- Inform construction workers about the public liaison activities and construction sensitivities. These information sessions are ongoing as new community issues arise and as new workers are hired.
- Write the Construction Update Notification letter. This letter is used when there has been a delay in the start of construction for the specific construction zone. This letter details the new start and end date of the construction, construction zone, hours of construction, suggestions for alternate routes, suggestions for alternate parking, and the name and phone number of the Public Liaison. This is a subsequent letter sent out to property owners, residents, business owners, elected officials, government officials, first responders, and transportation officials. This letter should be mailed about 7 to 14 days before the start date of each construction zone. This letter must be final at least two months before the initial construction date.
- Create and print the Construction Notification Doorknob Hangers. These doorknob hangers are uniform. They list the Project’s name, authorizing organization, reason for construction, and name and phone number of the Public Liaison Director. They can also list an 800-project number answered by the utility. These doorknob hangers must be final at least two months before the initial construction date. These doorknob hangers must be printed and ready for distribution 30 days before the start date of the first construction zone.
- Temporary Vehicle Access Closure Doorknob Hanger. Special doorknob hanger materials need to be ordered. These are custom printed doorknob hangers. They are placed on the structures directly along the construction route. They are distributed no less than 48 hours before construction takes place on those properties where construction might interfere with access. The boilerplate language and the tone of the custom printed information must be approved two months before the initial construction date.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Public Relations, Communications, or Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent
- 2-5 years experience interfacing with all facets of the community including public relations preferred.
- 2-5 years experience working knowledge of database creation and management
- Excellent written communication skills, including writing for web, social media, marketing, and traditional media and editing for all audiences
- Must be detailed oriented and have strong personal leadership skills
- Ability to display initiative, work autonomously, and offer solutions to problems
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, MS Access or equivalent, Adobe Creative Suite, and other programs.
- Strong understanding online communication tools and social media outlets.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-22