Public Policy Advisor
Locke Lord is seeking a Public Policy Advisor to support its federal lobbying practice in the Washington DC office. In this role, the candidate will work on legislative and regulatory matters, advocacy efforts, and assist with day to day operations. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and some Capitol Hill experience. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience, and roughly equivalent to a junior or mid-level congressional staffer.
- Monitor and advocate on legislative and regulatory matters;
- Conduct legislative research and analysis;
- Draft client briefings;
- Cover hearings on Capitol Hill;
- Coordinate and assist with client visits and meetings;
- Manage marketing projects;
- Assist with compliance with federal lobbying laws.
- Bachelor’s degree;
Some Capitol Hill experience strongly preferred;
- Understanding and knowledge of the legislative process;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills;
- Proven analytical ability and initiative.
Direct apply candidates: If you are interested in applying for this position, email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Public Policy Advisor – DC” in the subject line.
Job posted: 2021-01-05