Public Policy Advisor I/II
- Maintain a broad knowledge of legislative, economic, and environmental regulatory processes & issues and how those issues impact the Company.
- Under close to moderate guidance, provide assistance in or moderately complex analysis in the development and communication of company positions on public policy issues.
- Responsibilities include researching emerging & proposed regulation & legislation, assisting in the development of communications for governmental & regulatory bodies, and providing information for internal parties about policy related issues.
- Develops a basic knowledge of legislative, economic, and environmental regulatory processes & issues and how those issues impact the Company.
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments.
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
- Receives instruction, guidance, and direction from others.
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures and solves a range of straightforward problems.
- May assist in the development of less experienced coworkers.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred degree in political science, public policy, business management, accounting, or a related field
- Experience in state or federal government, or a similar level of experience working with the state or federal governmental process.
- Other proven job experience that demonstrates mastery of the tasks associated with this position may be substituted for direct governmental affairs experience.
Public Policy Advisor I
- Two years or more experience required.
Public Policy Advisor II
- Four years or more experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Requires excellent oral & written communications skills to build & maintain positive working relationships and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-15