Public Policy & Advocacy Coordinator
The American Urological Association (AUA), the premier urologic association providing support to the urologic community, is currently searching for a Public Policy & Advocacy Coordinator, located primarily in our Linthicum, Maryland office.
This position provides advanced executive support to the EVP, Public Policy & Advocacy as well as management and project coordination across the Public Policy & Advocacy Division. Coordinates and/or manages several interdepartmental projects.
- Provides project coordination and operational support for the EVP.
- Works with the EVP to manage the goals and outcomes of Councils and task forces.
- Oversees and coordinates division communication on policy, political, and advocacy activities.
- Coordinates and builds relationships and engagements with societies and associations. Creates engagement plans with the EVP.
- Is responsible for Health Policy weekend and Annual Summit; coordination of division events.
- Oversees the administration of the Gallagher Scholar with the management team, includes the nomination and review process, scheduling of events, and processing of reimbursements.
- Works with the Legislative & Political Affairs Department to coordinate the planning of activities of the Summit includes maintenance of the schedule of all fly-ins, communications, and preparing materials.
To be Successful
Candidate requirements are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in areas of relevance to health policy issues, such as healthcare, political science, or other social science disciplines. Other degrees considered.
- Three to five years’ experience coordinating projects.
- Must be open to working out of the AUA’s Washington, DC office when necessary (average one day per month)
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize, and complete assignments on time, accurately, and within budget.
- Excellent written and oral (English) communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent excel and PowerPoint skills strongly preferred.
- Able to function well in, and contribute to, a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and research skills.
Working at AUA is more than just being technically proficient. We also look for candidates who possess the following competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organizing.
- Leadership of Groups
What we have to Offer
We strive to create a positive experience for employees through our commitment to effective talent acquisition and onboarding, talent management and career development, providing a positive working environment, and our focus on physical, mental, and financial wellness. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; discretionary contribution and 403(b) plans; generous leave program; paid holidays; sick leave; on-site gym; company-paid life, LTD, and STD insurance; beautiful facility; very generous contributions to continuing education and tuition reimbursement.
We welcome interested and qualified candidates to apply for this position by visiting our Career Center. No relocation is available for this position.
Job posted: 2020-12-22