Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Policy Analysis & Insights – Senior Editor
The Group’s primary responsibilities includes:
- Supporting the work of the Federal Public Policy and State Government Relations teams in building long-term, sustainable relationships with influencers and grass-roots communities to reach mutually-beneficial outcomes on behalf of our stakeholders and Bank of America.
- Supporting company leaders across the various lines of business and local market leaders in articulating policy positions and issuing analysis when engaging with external stakeholders, community leaders, influencers, and senior public officials.
- Developing policy frameworks and recommendations that will inform and guide policy debates through evidence-based research and sustained stakeholder engagement to respond to and address socioeconomic and environmental challenges of the 21st century.
- Creating sound, data-driven policy recommendations and solutions that support our dual mandate to drive Responsible Growth by delivering for all of our stakeholders – including our clients, employees, and communities – AND to help address important societal priorities.
We seek a Senior Editor who will assist in reviewing, editing and providing targeted feedback and suggest edits to content produced by the Policy Analysis & Insights team. In this role, the Senior Editor will have the opportunity to individually and collaboratively bring exciting ideas to life. Exceptional writing and engaging storytelling will be core expectations. The candidate’s related responsibilities will include translating complex banking research, technical concepts, and data into actionable insights and guidance for a wide array of interested audiences.
The candidate may also apply topic-specific knowledge in a wide variety of other areas. In this role the candidate will partner with members of the Policy Analysis & Insights team to identify and articulate editorial priorities, develop a pipeline of content that supports their agenda, and continuously refine the strategy. You will lead and manage a high-volume, occasionally unpredictable, pipeline of content from proposal to publication, meet tight deadline requirements, and provide clear communication with internal and external teams and authors in support of an increasing volume of editorial projects. You will also oversee the development of the Policy Analysis & Insights’ full spectrum of reports, white papers, briefs, and articles in addition to managing the editorial calendar and continually optimizing the end-to-end publication process.
- Develop and implement content strategies that advance Policy Analysis & Insights’ written content.
- Improve quality in formats ranging from articles and reports to infographics.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure content is compelling and differentiated. For high-priority pieces, and on high-priority topics, the editor will play an active role in shaping and refining the narrative.
- The editor will take a portfolio-wide view of Policy Analysis & Insights’ approach to content, identifying opportunities to improve quality and streamline the development process.
- Develop processes to make the production of content more efficient, with a faster path from ideation to publication and a higher rate of projects set up for success.
- Create an engaging, inspiring experience for authors by helping them develop a powerful editorial product that will lend insights to public policy and banking audiences.
- You’ll act as both thought partner and line editor, working with authors to create publishing strategies, develop compelling storylines, and produce engaging drafts. You will often shape raw content and data into a range of editorial products, coordinating with colleagues to ensure that your projects are completed, approved, produced, and published within tight deadlines.
- You will need to deploy solid judgment about content positioning to advance our public policy thought leadership, and editing colleagues’ work, supporting them in developing content that is internally consistent, grounded in business reality, in touch with current public policy discussions of the topic, and consistent with Bank of America’s publishing style.
- Fact-check all content according to strict guidelines, and edit for flow, logic, and grammar, paying particular attention to context.
- Launch and sustain new, innovative formats—with an eye to reinventing the form and function of in-depth research publications and briefings.
- Transform data and analysis into best-in-class insights and thought leadership, informed by the external landscape and reputational/risk perspectives.
- Reports to the Public Policy Executive for Policy Analysis & Insights
- Strong editorial skills are essential and ability to apply sound editorial judgment to improve content.
- Staying abreast of market-leading themes and making recommendations for new and innovative content.
- Contributing to projects and initiatives geared toward improving the quality and reach of our content.
- Communication and project management skills are critical. The candidate will cultivate relationships across the business and act as an adviser, influencer, and problem-solver when it comes to partnering on content strategy and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree — advanced degree preferred (e.g., Journalism).
- At least 5 years of experience in business writing and editing, preferably at a business, government, think tank, media or journalism, public policy, or professional services firm.
- Experience utilizing the Chicago Manual of Style of writing and editing and experience utilizing the Associated Press (AP) style of writing and editing, or a combination of the two.
- Strong editing and writing skills; comprehensive understanding of grammar, punctuation, and style rules; detailed editing and rewriting expertise to ensure research reports and other documents showcase clear, easy-to-understand language.
- Strong editorial judgment; ability to rapidly absorb complex ideas and distill them into accessible and clear copy for global audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at supporting the needs of key internal stakeholders or partnering with teammates on projects. Ability to engage with senior colleagues and subject-matter experts. Willingness to be edited by peers and to receive and act on feedback.
- Superb organizational and project coordination skills. The position requires experience coordinating complex, short- and long-term projects that involve multiple colleagues. The candidate must balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter. The candidate must be able to work independently as well as on a team. Willingness to proactively seek guidance when appropriate. Comfort with uncertainty and an entrepreneurial working context; flexibility to take on new roles and responsibilities as the role evolves.
- Quick learner. The candidate may also do work related to multiple sectors and types of policies and will need to quickly learn.
- Capacity to work in a high-performance professional environment, with quick turn-around and changing priorities.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with business units, local market leadership, Communications, Compliance, Legal, Public Policy colleagues, and other internal partners.
- Limited travel.
- Writing samples that demonstrates your editing abilities.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Job posted: 2022-08-25