Public Policy Analyst
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for a Public Policy Analyst to join our team. You will report to the Vice President of Public Policy and Community Affairs. You’ll be responsible for researching government, community, and industry trends that inform our strategy, assist in establishing Mark43 as a thought leader, and build community and customer trust. You’re a resourceful, critical thinker who enjoys diving deep to generate unique insights. An experienced researcher, you assist in the coordination and execution of focus groups and interviews with key stakeholders. You’re also comfortable navigating ambiguity, and propose new methodologies that help your immediate team see around corners and embrace emerging public safety trends and requirements. You’re energized by leveraging technology to build impactful community and public safety solutions.
What You’ll Do
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week:
- Identified trends and generated data-driven insights that support the Community and Public Policy Team’s strategy
- Reviewed academic work, government policy, and community data to report on upcoming trends and public safety requirements
- Assisted in the coordination of focus groups and interviews, and generated a transparent reporting ecosystem
- Championed both quantitative and qualitative data and analysis; dived deep into diverse and unique sources
- Assisted the Marketing team by providing supporting data and analysis for articles and brand pieces
- Identified potential policy partnerships that informed and amplified our message
- Assisted in implementing and managing our Micro-Grants Program
- Participated as a technology SME to help shape trends and needs
- Liaised between Mark43, research organizations, government entities, and community organizations
Who You’ll Need
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of work experience within a public affairs or public policy position. Ideally, you have worked at a think tank, an academic institution, or a government policy associated non-profit in the past. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be an experienced researcher with a history of collecting data from diverse sources to generate unique insights into your work. You should have prior experience designing surveys, developing data dashboards, devising key performance indicators and success measurements, and reporting on such to a variety of different stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication is paramount to this position; you will be asked to synthesize complex information into actionable deliverables for internal and external audiences. You should be comfortable working with tools like research databases, Google Enterprise, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Asana. Special consideration will be given to candidates with prior experience working with public safety or government customers, at a SaaS company, or in a startup environment.
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics:
- LIFE-LONG LEARNER. Researching new topics and educating others on trends excites and motivates you.
- ACTION-ORIENTED.You find satisfaction in completing tasks and thrive in a deadline-driven environment. You are comfortable jumping into projects that may still be ambiguous in nature.
- SUPPORTIVE COLLABORATOR.You enjoy collaborating with others and are known by colleagues as a team player who is always happy to lend a hand or assist in any way.
- HUMBLE, OPEN, AND CURIOUS.You recognize there are numerous ways to solve a problem or implement a strategy. You seek various perspectives and consider the impact on the customer and other teams before making a decision. You also promote team diversity and diversity of thought.
- ENTHUSIASTIC COLLABORATOR. You understand that the best outcomes are achieved through shared ownership, and you seek to spread knowledge and expand participation rather than restrict it.
We’d prefer if you were based near one of our main offices in New York, or Washington, D.C., but we are open to remote employment based on your experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-13