Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Public Policy Analyst
At Shields, we pride ourselves on our culture of inclusion and kindness and the difference we make in patients’ lives every day. We are tremendously proud to be certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ two years in a row. In 2022, we were awarded US Fortune Best Workplaces in Health Care™, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ & Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™.
Improving lives and elevating performance are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why more health system leaders trust Shields to elevate access, outcomes and growth within specialty pharmacy — delivering value throughout the entire health system. Leveraging our proven Shields Performance Platform – we deliver the financial results that health systems demand and the superior outcomes patients deserve. With the foremost leaders in specialty pharmacy on our team; proven success partnering with more than 70 health systems; and a vested interest in delivering measurable results – we are the partner health systems trust to transform their specialty pharmacy into a powerful growth engine and elevate performance where it matters most.
The Policy Analyst will be responsible for assisting with public policy research at the federal and state level on issues related to drug pricing, health policy, and other issues related to the pharmacy and healthcare industry, specifically health systems. Must have strong communication, research and writing skills, and ability to work independently. Opportunity may include development of issue briefs and papers on a range of policy issues, as well as other communications as assigned.
- Conducts research and analysis on key policy issues relevant to the Company, including federal and state existing and proposed legislation and regulations.
- Monitors and tracks key policy activity affecting the Company.
- Develops written materials on policy issues and trends for internal and external audiences, including issue briefs, papers, talking points and presentations.
- Leads development of content for biweekly public policy review.
- Participates in meetings/events hosted by external industry groups to support company goals and monitor policy developments.
- Fosters relationships with internal customers and serves as a resource to provide policy support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a BA/BS in public policy, public health, economics, communications, law or a related field and 1-3 years of experience in the public policy environment. Experience in health care or related policy environment a plus.
- Familiarity with federal and/or state legislative and regulatory processes, and advocacy efforts impacting policymaking.
- Self-starter with ability to work in an independent environment and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong research, organizational, and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, team player with the ability to build collaborative and meaningful relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Knowledge of and experience in policy issues affecting the specialty pharmacy industry is a plus, but not required.
Shields Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-16