Public Policy Associate
Global statement on diversity and inclusion
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to the success and strength of our Firm and the quality of our advice to, and representation of, our clients. We are committed to providing a flexible environment where everyone respects, supports and learns from our collective skills, talents and differences. By attracting, supporting, promoting and retaining individuals from all backgrounds, inclusive of race, ethnicity, faith, religion or spiritual beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, abilities, social perspective and other characteristics, we create a dynamic and inclusive work environment that is critical to our success.
Responsibilities and practice
The Atlanta office of Dentons US LLP is seeking a mid-level associate with excellent academic credentials to join our active Public Policy and Regulation practice. The person hired for this position will work closely with partners to assume such responsibilities as:
- Working collaboratively on a wide spectrum of government affairs matters pertaining to legislative action, political law, economic development, land use and zoning, privatization and government efficiency, government contract and procurement issues and government and public policy litigation
- Assisting team members with the provision of advice and counsel to clients on complex political and business issues
- Supporting the growth and management of client relationships in the corporate, non-profit, political and government affairs spheres
- Performing general research and writing tasks for a variety of clients
This is a great opportunity to work with dedicated lawyers and professionals who are passionate about their practice. Dentons’ Public Policy and Regulation practice is a market leader in the US, helping clients navigate the critical intersection of business, law, regulation, policy and politics. From advising offices in global locations undergoing civil unrest, to providing regulatory advice as a popular startup responds to state attorney general inquiries, we help clients achieve specific business goals.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate practical ideas and solutions through concise written work product and direct client engagement
- Is organized, efficient and able to prioritize, delegate and manage complex and detail-oriented assignments
- Understands the importance of client service and exhibits confidence and diplomacy
- Embraces teamwork and values collaboration
- 3-4 years of public policy and/or litigation experience is required, along with a deep understanding of government at the state and local level
- Economic development and political law expertise is considered a plus
- Prior law firm experience is strongly preferred
- Should be licensed and/or eligible to practice law in the State of Georgia and be in good standing
- Candidates should submit a resume, law school transcript, cover letter, and writing sample with application
Dentons US LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We are an Affirmative Action Employer. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
How to apply
We are not accepting search firm submissions for this position.
Direct applicants may apply using the button below.
Job posted: 2021-01-26