Public Policy Coordinator
Full Job Description
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To apply, please email general.adcc @ adcc.org with your: (1) cover letter; (2) resume; and (3) undergraduate transcript.
Position Title: Public Policy Coordinator
Office: Washington, DC
Reports To: Executive Director
Schedule: Core Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. EST, Monday – Friday; additional hours as required to fulfill requirements
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Alliance of Dedicated Cancer Centers (ADCC) is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. Its members are singularly dedicated to combatting the war on cancer.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Executive Director of the Alliance of Dedicated Cancer Centers, Inc. (ADCC), the Public Policy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the administrative and legislative and regulatory monitoring needs of the ADCC. The Public Policy Coordinator is expected to perform remotely all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the ADCC’s Executive Director and Working Groups of the ADCC’s member institutions, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Public Policy Coordinator must fulfill the needs of the ADCC in a manner which is consistent with the ADCC’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Monitor pending legislation, industry trends, and current events that impact the ADCC.
- Possess a working knowledge of the legislative process and Capitol Hill.
- Attend and summarize congressional hearings or other legislative briefings.
- Coordinate and/or attend meetings for and with representatives of the ADCC’s member institutions and Working Groups.
- Support Chairs of Working Groups by convening conference calls and zoom meetings, scheduling calls with busy members via doodle, coordinating presentations for calls and in person meetings.
- Arrange all logistics for in person meetings including contracting with hotels, dinner reservations etc.
- Monitor and report on client-relevant media.
- Manage calendar of events for the Executive Director.
- Oversee cloud storage platforms (e.g., Dropbox and proprietary system) and provide technical support to members as required.
- Maintain contact list of representatives and staff of the ADCC’s member institutions.
- Proofread and review the work of others.
- Other support functions as required.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Familiarity with Dropbox and other cloud storage platforms
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong research and writing skills
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work proactively and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize among competing tasks under pressure and time constraints
- Good judgment and a strong sense of responsibility, integrity, and loyalty
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of company and member information
- Commitment to professional growth and development
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong organizational skills required
- See, hear, and speak
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. (e.g., office files, etc.)
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Duties are performed using repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Duties require fine manipulation (typing)
- Duties require simple grasping (files, documents, telephone, writing instruments)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Job posted: 2020-12-16