Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the country’s largest non-bank lender in the United States.
We are growing! We are currently seeking a Public Policy and Government Relations Analyst in Baltimore, MD. The Public Policy Analyst will be expected to develop and refine valuable skills including: policy and data analysis, composition of persuasive and compelling presentation, talking points, and white papers. The analyst will also receive mentoring with the objective of developing into a successful government affairs, regulatory, or legal executive over the long term.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Government Relations Team on bill tracking, strategic planning, message development, project management, and group financial management
- Oversee primary day-to-day functions of OneMain’s Employee PAC to include fundraisers, informational events, and contribution strategies
- Work closely with Government Relations team in preparation and review of testimony, talking points, white papers, and other key communications materials
- Support community engagement, political engagement, and corporate philanthropy initiatives
- Prepare presentations and other documents to support Government Relations priorities
- Manage and support relationships with state and federal consultants
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience and/or strong relevant internships
- Bachelor’s degree – public policy, economics, political science, government, or law preferred
- Interest in public policy, economics, political science, or law
- Strong writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-07