Public Policy Implementation Coordinator
Kansas Farm Bureau is looking for a Public Policy Implementation Coordinator. We are an Agricultural organization that has been in business for over 100 years. We pride ourselves in the advocacy, education and service we provide to our Kansas Ag Communities.
Assists with local, state and national lobbying activities, events and policy implementation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Advances national and state priority issues and other concerns of our membership and KFB leadership.
- Promotes, encourages and enhances member engagement and issue knowledge through Action Alerts, town hall meetings, farm tours, and other opportunities.
- Assists with the planning and execution of advocacy events, including trips to Washington, DC, LEADS, Day at the Statehouse, and events/tours throughout Kansas Farm Bureau’s State Districts.
- Delivers various forms of communications throughout the organization and assists with providing opportunities for the education and engagement of members.
- Supports the mission and strategic objectives of the organization through participation in other Agricultural Industry, American Farm Bureau, and state or community service activities.
- Develops and expands avenues to elect Farm Bureau friends through VOTE FBF and other political activities.
- Assists with the development and lobby engagement of the organization’s advocacy policy and implementation of new advancements.
- Cooperates in staffing Resolutions Committee, Ag Advisory Committees, VOTE FBF and other committees.
- Serves as a member or staff of committees, as requested by KFB leadership or peers.
- Provides support for lobbyist registrations, documentation and reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies, Education and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to maintain a current, up-to-date command of legislative changes and their effects on our organization.
- Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills, plus demonstrate a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Apply now to join our team! Interested and qualified candidates can apply through our online application. Click here to apply online.
EOE/M/F/VET/Disability and any other protected class.
Job posted: 2020-09-11