Public Policy Lead
The Public Policy Lead develops and maintains policies and programs to ensure organizational awareness of legislation and/or regulatory issues that affect the organization. The Public Policy Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantialThe Public Policy Lead Role resides in Government Affairs within the Office of Health Affairs and Advocacy and serves as a federal public policy analyst and project manager working with Humana’s federal policy and advocacy team. The person in this position will report to the Associate Vice President for Public Policy and assist the Policy team in evaluating and analyzing proposed federal regulation and legislation to determine business impact and develop alternative policy proposals aligned with the business strategy. This associate will also collaborate closely with the Policy and Federal Affairs teams to coordinate and develop materials to support Humana’s regulatory and legislative initiatives.
· Collaborate with the senior leadership of the Policy and Federal Affairs teams to prepare materials for key business leaders on evolving public policy issues and for potential business actions or changes that may be needed to remain competitive or compliant.
· Prepare public facing materials to support Humana’s federal regulatory and legislative initiatives, including issue briefs, talking points, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations.
· Prepare analyses of federal regulatory actions and legislation, as well as summaries of key federal advisory committees/bodies, including the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC).
· Partner with Policy team leadership to represent Humana’s interests in meetings with aligned trade and professional associations.
· Coordinate Policy team collaboration and timely delivery of assigned work products.
Partner with legal and compliance to manage internal regulatory compliance risks
Required experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, health science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the evaluation of health care legislation and regulation impacting the health care sector.
- Experience conducting and leading complex work projects.
- Advanced critical thinking skills and oral and written communication skills (a writing sample will be required)
- High proficiency in PowerPoint/presentation skills, MS Word, and Excel
- Strong ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Past experience in a fast moving work environment with fast, time sensitive delivery timeframes.
- A deep understanding and mastery of the federal legislative and regulatory process.
- Experience in Medicare Advantage policy is highly preferred
- Advanced degree in Public Policy or related field
- Experience working in a congressional office, executive branch agency, trade association, lobbying firm, or public policy advocacy organization.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Ability to conduct analyses of health care data, preferably Medicare data.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Mission: At Humana, our cultural foundation is aligned to helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms –when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that’s why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact email@example.com to validate the request.
If you are a California resident and would like to review our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy click here:
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-27