Public Policy Lead
About the Role
As Public Policy Lead (Uber Health), you are Uber’s connection between our market-leading technology that provides reliable, on-demand rides to millions of people around the world and the unique and growing audience of policymakers, regulators, researchers, advocates, key opinion formers and the broader public. You are a key thought leader and conduit for Uber’s public affairs and government relations around the world.
You will drive global policy development and strategy on Uber’s approach to non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) with a particular focus on ridesharing and ridehailing. You will work with cross-functional partners, both internal and external, to develop and strengthen Uber’s approach to the NEMT space as well as develop a deep understanding of Uber’s regulatory obligations in various markets. You will work with business, product, operations, and legal teams to provide strategic advice and guidance to support the Uber Health team as it grows its mission to remove transportation barriers to health care delivery.
Your role will also include developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the healthcare space as well as seeding and driving research projects focused on Uber’s impact on patient transportation and healthcare systems more broadly.
What You’ll Do
- Support the growing Uber Health business on strategic policy development and research, leading Uber’s global public policy strategy as it relates to non-emergency medical transportation
- Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders in the healthcare space, independently seeding and driving research projects with outside academics and research partners to study Uber’s impact on patient transportation and healthcare systems more broadly
- Own and advocate for key policy initiatives to be prioritized on product and/or operational roadmaps, working closely with Uber’s product, legal, operations and business teams
- Track legislative proposals on health care transportation and work closely with legal and local policy teams to draft correspondence, comments, and position papers outlining Uber’s non-emergency medical transportation policies and approach
- Build and maintain policy collateral to support the policy team’s engagements with government stakeholders and the healthcare industry around the world
- Assist our legal team with research on non-emergency medical transportation requirements and Medicare and Medicaid
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years of experience with Policy
- Experience in Healthcare required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-11