Public Policy Manager
About the Role
As Manager of Public Policy, you’ll assume ownership in a lead role working with policy makers to make the positive case for change. You’ll cultivate positive relationships with key partners to help unlock the full potential of our technology. You’ll also work to determine the best local regulatory frameworks and developing campaigns to achieve positive reform. In this role, you will:
- Strengthen Uber’s brand and profile with policy makers- including governments, third parties and academics.
- Work to ensure that the regulatory frameworks in Canada enable the benefits of our sophisticated technology for our customers and the cities we operate in.
- Partner with government and third-party partners on innovative transport solutions.
- Partner with our Canadian leadership to support balanced growth of Uber rides and Uber Eats.
- Support and work closely with our Communications, Marketing and Operations teams.
- 5+ years of proven results working in public policy and communications teams.
- Commensurate experience working cross-functionally in tech organizations and government entities.
- A strong campaigner: We are trying to accelerate cities toward the future of urban mobility. We need leaders to build proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to the status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do–and a willingness to engage constructively in the debate.
- A phenomenal advocate: You will collaborate to build new frameworks that encourage innovation and alternatives to individual car ownership. Your intellectual capacity to grasp complex policy issues, as well as clearly and concisely articulate how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone–both orally and in writing.
- A great teammate: Success at Uber depends on the ability to coordinate different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for organized, collaborative people who thrive working with others to get things done–and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- A self starter: We are a company of entrepreneurs, and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things change fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm amidst certain ambiguity.
- An inspiring leader: we’re changing the way cities move, so we need people who can help us think about the future.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We gravitate to big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, drive, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-30