Public Policy Manager
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
The Public Policy Manager is responsible for executing on regulatory and legislative objectives to promote ChargePoint’s network and products while advancing transportation electrification more broadly throughout the Eastern US. Must be goal-motivated, adaptable in a fast-growing technology company environment, a strategic thinker, and detail-oriented. Successful candidates will have experience working with elected officials and state regulatory agencies, preparing and delivering testimony before legislative committees and public utility commissions, and advancing policy objectives in a wide variety of forums. This is not an entry-level position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track, monitor, and analyze state legislation, regulatory filings, and other EV policy proposals to develop ChargePoint policy positions and strategy for response.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with public policy stakeholders in key states.
- Develop and deliver regulatory comments, testimony, and presentations.
- Coordinate with internal teams and consultants on messaging, policy development, and strategy.
- Represent ChargePoint in meetings, hearings, and stakeholder groups, in coordination with ChargePoint policy directors and consultants.
- Experience in energy policy and regulatory processes. This includes knowledge of electric utilities and their business models, ability to review and analyze utility rates and programs, and demonstrated knowledge of electric vehicle charging or distributed energy technologies (such as solar and energy efficiency). Experience with transportation policy a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with at least 3-5 years of working in utility policy, energy policy, or regulatory affairs.
- Track record of successfully navigating legislative and regulatory proceedings.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Legal or public policy degree preferred but not required. Graduate degree preferred but not required.
- Ability to speak and write clearly, accurately and persuasively.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems with limited resources.
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel frequently as needed. (During the COVID-19 pandemic, all ChargePoint staff have been working from home and have ceased work travel. When it is safe to do so, this position may require some regional and national travel.)
Remote Eastern US
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.
To apply to this job, click Easy Apply
Job posted: 2021-04-06