Public Policy Manager, Civic Engagement & Racial Justice
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Instagram is looking for an energetic, creative, team-oriented addition to its Politics and Government Outreach team. The ideal candidate will have both a passion for Instagram and a strong willingness to understand Instagram’s approach to public policy, as well as how those initiatives fit within the larger Facebook company. The Public Policy Manager will serve as a key member of the team working on civic engagement and racial justice initiatives.A successful candidate will have the skills and experience to build substantive partnerships and programs, as well as provide support to stakeholders who use the Instagram platform to achieve their goals. The ideal candidate is both an army-of-one and a valuable team player depending on the day – they will deliver results within a rapidly moving company and will do what’s required, large or small, to get a job done. Candidates should have a strong track record of working within or with policy audiences and proven experience working on racial justice issues. They should be creative, resourceful, passionate and a team player.
- Partnerships: Develop innovative partnerships for Instagram within global civic moments through extensive collaboration with internal and external partners that deliver on Instagram’s goals of civic empowerment and election integrity
- Develop innovative partnerships for Instagram that work to dismantle systematic racism both on and off the platform, and raises the profile of audience in the racial justice movement
- Develop Instagram’s presence at major policy moments related to elections, racial justice and civic empowerment including but not limited to industry events, NGO summits and major conferences
- Stakeholder Management: Lead strategic relationships with leading figures and organizations in both the civic and racial justice conversation at the national and regional level, and be a point person who helps them succeed on the platform, and assists with understanding major product announcements and features
- Support civic organizations as well as communities advocating for racial justice who want to use Instagram effectively and drive value for their respective goals. Advocate for those stakeholders within Instagram
- Product Support and Advocacy: Optimize and deliver training for activists and civic organizations on Instagram’s features and tools
- Build and create scalable resources to help colleagues deliver advice and training on how to use Instagram for activists and the broader community of people and organizations advocating for racial justice
- Build and manage processes to track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and trends as they relate to Instagram use amongst the civic empowerment and those communities who lead on advocating for racial justice
- Be a resource for and collaborate extensively with colleagues in policy, sales, communications, product, partnerships, and others that work on initiatives or features that impact oppressed communities
- 8+ years work experience in politics, government, or NGOs with a focus on building and implementing partnerships and public affairs strategy
- Project management experience, proven in leading and handling multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline
- Highly professional communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Experience working effectively and swiftly with all levels of management, both internally and externally
Instagram is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Instagram is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-09-10