Public Policy Manager, Cloud AI and Industry Solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- 2 years of experience working in the field of cloud computing or enterprise computing services.
- Master’s degree or legal background with international experience working with high-tech regulators, standards bodies, policy-makers, and regulated industries.
- Experience in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Experience with privacy, trust, compliance, and security from technical, regulatory, and commercial perspectives.
- Experience in public policy and knowledge of challenges impacting cloud computing.
- Ability to write and translate complex issues into a language suitable for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent judgment and communication and presentation skills.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
As a Public Policy Manager, you’ll serve as a member of a team supporting Google Cloud, a global group of subject matter experts focused on the use of cloud technologies in the public sector and highly regulated markets, touching upon security, privacy, human rights, and the intersection of these issues with international public policy.
You’ll support Google Cloud’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) product initiatives, crafting public policy engagement strategies for Google Cloud AI leadership and contributing to Google-wide AI policy initiatives. You’ll collaborate with public policy makers, policy influencers, and Googlers to promote a global policy environment open to the adoption of Google Cloud and supportive of cloud-based innovation.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Provide guidance to teams navigating sensitive customer AI use cases, particularly in regulated industries, and partner with internal stakeholders on communicating such business opportunities internally/externally.
- Develop and execute a policy strategy for presenting our AI principles and responsible AI expertise as an industry differentiator.
- Support Google Cloud’s Responsible AI initiatives, from internal AI governance to external product launches in areas including explainability and fairness.
- Coordinate regulatory and legislative efforts pertaining to AI in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Advise product and business leadership on AI policy matters and strategic external engagements.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-12