Public Policy Manager, Delivery
About the Role
The Central Public Policy Team has a global remit and is responsible for developing solutions to policy opportunities and regulatory challenges in issue domains that impact Uber’s global business. We’re searching for a Senior Associate or Manager to drive public policy strategy for Delivery – which is rapidly evolving into a distinct portfolio of brands within Uber. This role will report to our global head of Delivery Policy, who is based in San Francisco and partner closely with product, legal, comms, and business leaders globally.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for developing a strategic policy programme for Uber Eats in two key areas: restaurants and food. This will include:
- Articulating our economic impact story to external policy and industry stakeholders, and highlight how our technology benefits restaurants and merchants.
- Partnering with the Communications team to build global strategies, campaigns and communications milestones that demonstrate Uber Eats’ positive impact and address challenging, emerging policy issues.
- Conducting research and partnering with third parties to better understand and articulate how Uber Eats’ benefits merchants.
- Developing and executing campaigns on issues of strategic importance to Uber Eats, that relate to our operations with restaurants, merchants, and small businesses.
- Building an external engagement programme for Uber Eats and our Delivery business to engage with restaurant, as well as representing Uber Eats at public and stakeholder events.
- Advising the business on policy directions from governments, regulators and expectations from our stakeholders on our products and features
- Partner with local policy teams around the world to build strategies and campaigns to promote Uber Eats’ approach to restaurant growth and best practice in food safety standards.
- Supporting policy colleagues to solve emerging regulatory problems affecting Uber Eats.
- 6+ years experience either for a company, a third party or in government, with a proven track record of driving public policy and regulatory outcomes.
To succeed you’ll need to be:
- A self starter: Uber Eats & Delivery are continuing to grow quickly. We want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We’re looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories – about our product, people and the ways we’re helping merchants, eaters and couriers.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done – and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Experience of food and restaurant industry issues, as well as working with industry groups trade associations is considered an advantage. International experience is also desirable.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-28