Public Policy Manager, East Coast
We are independent. Creative. Gutsy. We aren’t afraid to dream big. We are accountable. To our customers. To our cities. To each other. We are humble. Human. Lighthearted. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Mobility is the lifeblood of urban environments and cities need affordable, emissions-free transportation options that are free of delays. We believe that shared electric mopeds will become an integral part of transit networks, filling gaps not served by bike share, car share, scooter share, or public transit.
We are looking for someone to join on our Business Development team as a regional policy lead who will report to our Director of Business Development. This role will involve advancing Revel’s Government Affairs & Policy efforts on the East Coast, establishing and building Revel’s relationships with policy makers–including governments, communities, academics and other stakeholders; and working to ensure that the regulatory framework supports the Revel’s growth.
- You have 7+ years of professional work experience in public policy analysis, legislative affairs, government, non-profits, and/or political campaigns or similar fast-paced work setting
- Experience managing vendors or consultants
- A self-starter that is able to adapt quickly to changing political environments
- A great advocate for Revel’s priorities who is able to clearly and effectively articulate Revel’s approach and results
- A strong project manager, who is able to develop, implement and execute policy campaigns and quickly determine the relevant stakeholders needed to get the job done
- You have experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- You have experience navigating city and state regulatory structures.
- You want to get in at the ground floor of a startup and are capable of taking on responsibilities outside of your core role
- You take your work seriously but not yourself
- Relevant language skills preferred
- Travel required
About the Role
- Create, manage and lead a regional public policy effort, developing strategies for unlocking markets, keeping markets open, and building Revel’s relationship within them
- Directly engage policymakers and their staffs to educate them about Revel’s business model and vision
- Establish Revel’s brand and profile with governments, communities, academics, and other stakeholders
- Craft and execute an engagement strategy aimed at developing Revel’s champions in the communities we serve
- Track regulatory action in current and potential markets at the state and local level
- Work collaboratively across teams to help develop and implement processes, policy positions, assessments and city-specific analyses
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-09