Public Policy Manager (Remote)
About the job
Getaround connects safe, convenient, and affordable cars with people who need them to live and work. We aim to create the world’s best car-sharing marketplace with proprietary technology and data that make sharing vehicles superior to owning them. Our community comprises guests who rely on our cars for on-demand mobility and hosts who share cars on our platform including those who operate their own car sharing businesses. Our hosts and guests choose to use our platform because they trust in our ability to cultivate a safe and reliable marketplace.
Your job as Public Policy Manager will be to help develop and execute strategies to help ensure the most favorable regulatory landscape for Getaround’s connected car sharing business model in the United States. To do this effectively, you must be able to craft and deliver compelling messages about the virtues of our business; coordinate effectively with colleagues, contract lobbyists, and other allies; and engage productively with policymakers and other stakeholders to facilitate the creation and maintenance of legal and regulatory frameworks that support our current and future business. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with managing advocacy campaigns as well as involvement in state, local, and/or federal policymaking.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist in developing and implementing Getaround’s legislative and public policy priorities, positions, and strategies, tailoring from market to market
- Craft public affairs campaigns around Getaround’s value proposition that appeal to elected officials and community stakeholders
- Work directly with policymakers, advising them on language for legislation and drafting comments on proposed laws and regulations
- Maintain relationships with an extensive network of contacts in local and regional legislative, executive and administrative offices
- Represent Getaround in trade associations and stakeholder coalitions
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges and opportunities
- Manage contract lobbyists to help execute our strategies
- Extensive domestic business travel (COVID permitting) in furtherance of Getaround’s public policy objectives
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience in local, state or federal government affairs, political campaigns, advocacy, or similar experience in the U.S.
- Strong understanding of, and experience with effective government affairs and public policy strategies, and associated advocacy campaign management concepts and methods
- Focus on effectively assessing opportunities and threats, prioritization of focus, analyzing and anticipating developments as well as emerging trends, threats and opportunities
- Understanding of political process, policymakers, and stakeholders
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience communicating professionally in writing and verbally to diverse audiences
- Alignment with Getaround’s mission to make our cities and communities better places to live by building the world’s best car sharing marketplace
Additional Awesomeness (optional)
- Experience working in an innovative technology company
- Experience with mobility and transportation issues
- Advanced degree (e.g., JD or MPP) preferred but not required
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!
Job posted: 2021-06-02