Public Policy Senior Associate
Grant Thornton LLP is looking to hire a Senior Associate for its Public Policy team. Grant Thornton is one of the largest tax, audit, and advisory firms in the United States, providing businesses and government agencies with a full range of professional services and solutions.
This position will join a small but active government affairs team in Washington D.C. to help monitor, analyze, and communicate legislative and regulatory developments of interest to Grant Thornton and our clients to both internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
· Research and analyze relevant legislation and regulations at the federal and state level
· Monitor and summarize Congressional initiatives and status of key legislation
· Track Congressional committee and sub-committee hearings, where appropriate
· Research and write policy one-pagers and legislative fact sheets that incapsulate Grant Thornton’s position/view
· Participate in Hill meetings with legislative staff
· Attend fundraisers for Members of Congress on behalf of GT PAC
· Participate in various trade and legislative coalition groups
· Update/refresh firm’s public policy intranet page
· Manage legislative update lists and alerts
· Draft weekly legislative update and other internal communications on public policy.
· Support the GT PAC Director in administration of the PAC
· Assist in managing the Key Relationship Partner program
· Maintain agendas and meeting summaries for Public Policy Steering Committee and Political Action Committee Board
What we want:
· Experience navigating the legislative and regulatory processes of the Federal government (congressional staff experience a plus).
2-5 years of experience in a government affairs or public policy role in Washington, D.C.
Experience with developing relationships with Congressional staff to help advance a legislative position or policy proposal.
Experience monitoring / advancing public policy objectives and developing government affairs advocacy campaigns.
Excellent communication skills – particularly strong writing ability
Background/understanding of public policy monitoring tools (e.g., Thomas, Quorum, PoliticoPro)
Understanding of advanced digital and other advocacy techniques
Self-starter with a strong work ethic
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-15