Public Policy Specialist
Bose Public Affairs Group is seeking a public policy specialist with strong communication and writing skills. The position will support clients through written communications, research, and advocacy. The specialist will also be responsible for assisting with association management, including managing membership, generating and collecting membership dues, and assisting with event planning.
- Research higher education-related news and produce newsletters to be sent weekly and biweekly to clients and provide breaking news updates when needed. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of federal student aid programs with some understanding of private student lending.
- Manage logistics for in-person conferences, workshops, and events, including the execution of marketing campaigns, communication with participants, and preparation of event materials.
- Manage membership for a higher education advocacy association. This includes generating invoices and collecting membership dues, processing payments for event registration, and communicating with members.
- Advocate for clients’ legislative priorities on the federal level. This includes organizing and attending meetings on Capitol Hill and researching legislation relating to higher education policy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have knowledge of the federal legislative process and general familiarity with the federal budget and appropriations process.
- Must have strong writing skills, including the ability to quickly summarize complex topics into short, concise news articles.
- Experience with association membership software such as Your Membership is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of WordPress and Constant Contact is also a plus but not required.
Interested applicants, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-05-15