Public Policy Specialist
Invitae is dedicated to bringing genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages in life.
Our team is expanding and we are looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
Invitae is seeking a Public Policy Specialist in support of our mission to make genetic testing more affordable, accessible to anyone who can benefit. The Public Policy Specialist is a core team member of the Policy team at Invitae. Working alongside direct teammates, internal cross-functional teams, external consultants, a variety of influencers, and other external stakeholders, the Specialist must be highly collaborative and organized to achieve Invitae’ policy priorities and contribute to the organization’s legislative, corporate strategy, and overall mission.
The Public Policy Specialist will be responsible for researching priorities and contributing recommendations for development of robust public policy strategies. In addition, the Specialist will be a team player in implementing strategies including advocacy efforts.
What you will do:
The Public Policy Specialist will:
- Conduct research and landscape analyses for policy priorities and influences hindering or supporting Invitae’s mission
- Contribute to recommendations and development of Invitae’s Public Policy strategies
- Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate meetings
- Explore issues and strategies for the company, an industry leader
Competencies : The candidate will need to be able to:
- Thrive on challenges and learning
- Research, analyze and synthesize large amounts of information
- Excel in verbal and written communications such as interviews, landscape documents, summaries, presentations, and letters
- Toggle between high level strategic thinking, detailed tactics, and implementation details
- Solve problems creatively and tactfully
- Use systems-thinking
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and urgent requests
- Anticipate and prioritize the needs and interests of the organization, team, and importantly, patients
- Be aware and agile in understanding political nuances and positioning
- Display strong influencing skills
Who you are:
The candidate should have:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Policy, Ethics, Political Science, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, or related field.
- Experience in healthcare settings is preferred
- Demonstrated project or program management experience
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Desire to make positive social change
- Experience writing communications for organizational leaders, multidisciplinary teammates, and external audiences
- Experience researching, analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of information
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-07