Public Policy Strategy and Operations Manager
The Public Policy Strategy and Operations Manager, will provide support to the Global Vice President for Public Policy as well as Twitter’s global public policy team. This person will be responsible for helping orchestrate a high performance environment as it relates to strategic planning and execution, financial planning, and managing communication across the Global Public Policy organization. You will have experience and expertise in a wide range of public policy and government relations functions in order to provide insights for developing and driving short-term and long-term plans and to inform strategic initiatives and decisions. You will be skilled at building relationships, stakeholder management, and be extremely organized and efficient.
- Reporting to the VP, Global Public Policy, you will be responsible for executing projects driving collaboration, efficiency, and productivity across the organization.
- Program manager for the Public Policy organization, with dotted-line to Director of Strategy and Operations for the Counsel Organization.
- Run all quarterly and annual planning processes including annual strategies, development of functional plans, OKRs, and offsites.
- Oversee annual budget development and execution.
- Manage relationships with external consultants and advisors to help achieve organizational and strategic goals.
- Track and report progress against OKRs to Counsel leadership and cross-functional leadership.
- Coordinate team reporting and communications including weekly updates from across organization.
- Support VP, Global Public Policy in preparing for major public events, presentations, and drafting communications.
- Deal with escalations that are at times high profile in nature, often in the public eye, demanding executive attention, but remain calm and level headed to bring about quick resolution.
- Develop and implement processes that can scale and sustain a global organization resulting in improvements to organizational structure and alignment.
- Represent Public Policy as key liaison with other internal functions.
- Identify opportunities for business improvements and other strategic projects to support the work of the Public Policy team.
- Serve as a strategic thought-partner with the Twitter for Good (TFG) team on initiatives such as Employee Matching program and the internal Twitter for Good operating budget.
- Serves as a liaison between the TFG team and critical cross-functional teams that combine product and philanthropy.
- Travel, as needed, to support the Public Policy team and strategic objectives.
Who You Are:
- Strong results-driven person combined with deep strategic and program leadership.
- Ability and strong desire to work in a fast-moving environment, build relationships across the business and work effectively together to solve problems.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple groups at a global level.
- Excellent judgement and ability to work independently, but escalate issues and seek sign off/guidance appropriately.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated success presenting to Senior Leadership.
- Extensive project management, financial management, and business analysis skills.
- Ability to influence diverse stakeholders and drive accountability and decision-making across teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7+ years professional experience with expertise in operations, project management, and financial management.
- 7+ years experience working in public policy, government relations, or government.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Exceptional communications skills.
Job posted: 2020-05-07