Public Relations Account Director
About the job
Who are we?
Schwartz Media Strategies is an integrated communications firm that creates winning public relations, marketing and digital media campaigns for companies and organizations in Florida and beyond. Our campaigns are centered on strengthening and protecting brands through compelling, creative storytelling.
Rather than starting with a list of what we are looking for, let’s begin with what we can offer you:
- PR campaigns that deploy a full suite of communications – including media relations, social media and digital marketing, and crisis management? That’s us, all day long.
- A fast-paced, creative work environment? Check.
- Blue chip clients? We’ve got them.
- Long-term career advancement at a growing firm? Absolutely.
- Opportunities to get involved in community-minded work and campaigns for nonprofits making an impact? It’s part of our DNA.
- A chance to live and work where the rest of the world vacations? Bring your flip-flops.
That’s where you come in.
We are hiring a seasoned public relations professional who knows how to counsel clients and engage audiences through earned media and digital channels. On any given day, our team members are charged with shaping the news narrative across key industries, creating original content, managing crises, and everything in between.
So, what makes an ideal candidate?
You have at least 5 years of agency or in-house experience creating and driving public relations campaigns that position clients and brands at the forefront of the news, engage target audiences, simplify complex ideas, and drive people to act.
You thrive leading and working within teams. You get excited about multi-tasking, both in terms of the projects you will be managing on any given day and the sectors in which you’ll be immersed – from real estate and professional services, to destinations and public affairs. Lastly, you are organized, curious, and unafraid to take calculated risks.
- Build and lead integrated communications campaigns on behalf of clients in the industries that fuel Florida’s economy, including real estate, finance, hospitality, law and professional services, and arts and culture.
- Manage client relationships, positioning yourself as an indispensable source of thoughtful counsel and ideas that build brands and engage target audiences.
- Follow the news and forge trusted relationships with members of the media, both in Florida, nationally, and in select markets outside the U.S.
- Spark action with words, be it through media pitches, press releases, messages, social media content, blog posts, and more.
- Create and implement social media and digital marketing strategies on behalf of clients in a range of sectors, with the goal of amplifying the reach of your campaigns.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of results
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Strong organizational and time-management capabilities
· Resourceful and independent with the ability to deliver under pressure
· Ability to read and write in Spanish is a plus, but is not necessary
· Experience with platforms such as Photoshop, Canva, Sprout Social, Slack, WordPress, etc.
What we offer at SMS:
· Competitive salaries and growth opportunities, with annual performance reviews
· We pay 75% of employees’ health and dental insurance premiums
· Three weeks of paid time off annually
· New business generation bonuses
· Company-sponsored participation in community service and business groups
Ready to join our team? Send your resume and intro note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-02-17